StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hair extensions

• Hair extensions

Posted by c0urtneyleighh on May 29, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Do you any of you ladies on here know of a good brand of hair extensions (clip ins or bonded tips). I've tried a few different brands of clip-ins that were all real human hair but they've all been just okay. I'm looking into investing in another set soon. Let me know if you guys know of any brands that you would recommend. Thanks 🙂

verashan125333 replied 10 years, 10 months ago 23 Members · 40 Replies
  • 40 Replies
  • EmViVi

May 30, 2011 at 2:10 am

I've been using clip in extensions from http://www.hellogorgeoushairextensions.com/ and I've been very happy with them.  They're real human hair and I think a very good value for the money.  Unlike a lot of clip ins they're very thick and dont shed much and they have high qualty clips so theyt dont slip out.  The only real downside to them is that they take a very long time to be made and shipped, I think I waited about 2 months!  The woman who runs the company is very nice, though.

• c0urtneyleighh

May 30, 2011 at 8:35 am

The last set of extensions i bought were actually from HelloGorgeous and I'm not too happy with them 🙁 They are REALLY thick which was great for the price but mine start to feel like barbie hair after just a  few minutes of wearing them and they get really tangled and nappy. When I wear them I have to brush them constantly so I don't look like a frizzy knotted mess! Maybe I just got a defective set haha. Thanks for your reply!

• marle777

May 30, 2011 at 5:13 pm

The only brand of clip in's I've tried are Put On Pieces which worked well for me. I only use them on occasion for fun though, not everyday use. POP brand comes in both synthetic and human hair.

• omily

May 30, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I've had both Hello Gorgeous and Luxy hair extensions and I HIGHLY recommend Luxy.  They've stayed amazing and I have ABUSED them. 

luxyhairextensions.com

• minicoopergrl

May 30, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Im gonna keep up with this thread. Ive been interested in extensions for a LONG time.  A good friend of mine suggested it to me since I can make short hair look good during a hair flip.  

I havent had long hair since the 6th grade!  I have very thick and full hair – Its always shedding and a PITA to deal with in the summer.   I also have 2 kids so its hard to maintain a style that isnt wash n go!

My hair is red now so I also want to look like Ariel as well, LOL!

• omily

May 30, 2011 at 10:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/luxyhair is a great place to learn how to style and take care of extensions!  🙂 

• omily

May 30, 2011 at 10:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/luxyhair is a great place to learn how to style and take care of extensions!  🙂 

• c0urtneyleighh

May 30, 2011 at 10:57 pm

thanks omily! This is a new brand I've never heard of before, I'm def going to check these out!

• chipandchar

June 12, 2011 at 1:18 am

Hi! I haven’t tried hellogorgeous, but I started out with some 18″ ones I got at sally beauty. They were just around 100 and my hair isn’t super thick, so they worked okay and I used them for about 3 months before they were too damaged. BUT I wanted some just a tiny bit longer, so I went with head kandy. They aren’t as expensive as hello gorgeous but I’d say they are comparible in quality from all that I’ve read! Luxy hair…love the youtube girls who run the company, but I think the longest length availabe is 18″… Headkandy goes all the way up to 26″…so that you can cut them into the style you want and not lose the length. Mine were around 200 bucks and the shipping was super fast, even though it was from the UK.

• PaulettePoles

June 13, 2011 at 7:55 am

I get my hair extensions from donnabella.com I get the fusion kind. THey arent too exspensive, about $45 a bundle and are real human hair. I get 6 for my head and they last for 6 months. You can wash, cut, color, style, brush.. just like your own hair! Luv luv them. AS soon as  take them out after 6 mo I have them put right back in. THey have a video on how to do it- you need a friend and the bonding machnie which is cheap too. Its the best next to the real thing. I get two different colors so they blend well, blonde and strawberry blonde. The BEST!

• PaulettePoles

June 13, 2011 at 7:57 am

I just realized I never posted a pic here! I will put a pic of my extensions

• Shellectra

June 13, 2011 at 8:02 am

I wear human hair clip in extensions all day every day!! I only take them out for bed, and have done so for 8 yrs 🙂 I buy mine from http://www.headkandy.com they are the best!

• MaliciousMynx

June 13, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I have pink real hair extensions that are individual pieces by Hairlocs.  I get them put in at my hair salon.  They are tiny microbeads instead of using glue or whatever else to bond to the hair which doesn't damage your hair at all.  I like having color hair extensions for fun in the summertime.  I switch it up and get purple too.  These extensions don't fade and you can keep re-using them if you take good care of them.  It does get expensive though.  My salon sells them at $10 a piece.  I'll take a picture of my hair soon and post it.  I hope this helps. 

• dg0628

October 26, 2011 at 3:42 am

This blog has been so helpful because I plan on purchasing my first hair extensions. Unfortuntaly, I have to do it online (which kind of scares me) because I can't seem to find a place that sells them near me (I live in San Jose, Ca/Bay Area). I want clip-ons because I do not want to wear them on a daily basis, just for special occasions.

I am looking for "natural wavy" clip on (100% human remy hair) with a length that goes just under my bra strap.. so I am assuming I need 18-20 inches? I feel like all the website only offer straight hair extensions.

I initally went to a perfectlocks.com and I was just about to purchase when I decided to read some reviews and ended up reading some bad ones. So thats when I found this blog that was pretty helpful. Luxy Hair seems nice but again, I think that they only offer straight extensions.

Any recommendations on natural wavy clip-on hair extensions? Or if you are in the Bay Area, do you know of a place where I can acutally see and feel them? I need to wear them for a wedding on Nov 12th.

• PaulettePoles

October 26, 2011 at 5:20 am

This is the brand the best salon around here uses and swears by http://www.yellowstrawberryhair.com/locations-lakewoodranch.php 

They have been the featured salon all over,bets in show etc etc

If they trust them, I trust them!

You can curl them, color, cut, whatever so I wouldnt worry so much about the wave. After you wash them a few times, they really do have their own natural wave and bend even though they come staright. I buy the straight (have the fusion) and they bend and swirl around my natural hair within a week very nicely..I have natural wavy hair. The wavy was very unruly and tangled al lot when I tried them, I would stay away from them! I wouldnt have dreamed of ordering staright because I have wavy hair- but it worked much better.  It is much easier to curl the straight yourelf in with your natural hair- blends sooo much better. With the clip ons, you cancurl them and remove and the curl will stay in too

http://www.donnabellahairextensions.com/16-inch-full-head-human.html 

They come in 16 and 20" – the 20 is really long! I bought the 20" first and was a mistake. Ended up cutting it – was all the way to my waist! lol

I also love the fusion, but understand if you need to take them out.I cant put the clip ins in by myself- was so time consuming. I am so used to them it is just like my hair. 🙂

Page 1 of 3