StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hair extensions

• minicoopergrl

October 27, 2011 at 9:21 am

I just looked up the donna bella ones, OMG such a great price.  And the clip in ones they have one that matches my hair exactly!!  Im buying them on payday!

• Lyme Lyte

October 27, 2011 at 11:37 am

So glad I found this post!  As many of you know, I had all my hair chopped off from a student!  My fault for expecting a nice trim for $6.00!  (See my phones, long hair, and then I posted one of my short hair with the "BOO" sign.

I have not made one vid. since my hair was lost, I just don't feel sexy enough.  So, I am going to look at this post in more detail this weekend and buy some extensions!  Thanks for the info!

• Brumby

November 6, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I have clip ins that I LOVE from hairextensions.com.  Does anyone have a problem with wearing them while they pole? Sometimes mine pull out if I flip my hair.  I have really fine hair, so is there any way of getting them to stay in a bit better?

• Lyme Lyte

November 6, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Bought some clips. Now think about this…..if they r all the same lenght and u sttach them to ur head at different levels, yout going too see each step along the bottom n the back! I got some yesterday, put them n and they look terrible! Whats the hint on putting these in?

• Platinum Stages

November 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm

@Lyme Lyte – I think there is a FINE ART to getting hair extensions to looking nice and natural, at least for me. I've had many years of trial and error. 

One thing that helped my clip ins to look more natural and blend better – have your hairdresser layer, blend and trim them. I know that sounds weird but I have pretty short, fine hair. When I get hair extensions, whether sew in, glued in, bonded in, beaded in or clipped in, I always have my hairdresser layer them to help them blend and look more natural. If I don't get my extensions super layered, they look very, very unnatural and fake in my hair. Not sure if this works for everyone but it works for me. 🙂

– Erica

• Platinum Stages

November 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm

@Lyme Lyte – I think there is a FINE ART to getting hair extensions to looking nice and natural, at least for me. I've had many years of trial and error. 

One thing that helped my clip ins to look more natural and blend better – have your hairdresser layer, blend and trim them. I know that sounds weird but I have pretty short, fine hair. When I get hair extensions, whether sew in, glued in, bonded in, beaded in or clipped in, I always have my hairdresser layer them to help them blend and look more natural. If I don't get my extensions super layered, they look very, very unnatural and fake in my hair. Not sure if this works for everyone but it works for me. 🙂

– Erica

• minicoopergrl

February 9, 2012 at 9:15 am

Im bumping this thread due to my last experience with extensions.  I bought mine from Sallys beauty supply.  For the set it was $100 and I had to dye them to match my hair.  If you have a beauty club card you can save a few bucks on them, plus they were on sale at $10 off so I saved about $15!  I bought extensions close to my natural hair color so when I dye them, they would produce the same reaction and match exactly to my hair.  After putting the dye on them I let them sit for about 30min, since its virgin hair the color will pick up faster than your own hair. I washed them out just like I would do with my own hair then let them air dry.  Then I combed them out (wide comb, I believe they make ones just for hair extensions).  Then they clip right in and they hold nicely.  I may have to get a second set since I have super thick hair and im not sure if they look right in. 

I also reccomend getting a case for them.  I have one so my kids dont try to get them out and play with them!

• Lyme Lyte

February 9, 2012 at 10:00 am

Yes, mine from Sallys r good for the price. I had to trim and layer mine, but they look good in. I too have a case to keep my cat away from them! 🙂

• debbierockz

February 9, 2012 at 11:14 pm

in my pro pic here i have in my clip in hair extensoins i bought from A.N.Q beauty supplie store called milky way. Iv had them for 2 months and still lookin good its human hair,which is better to get because you can apply heat to them color them etc…i had fushions put in a year ago and i lost some hair over that its just now growing back to normal.Clip ins wont damage your hair

• debbierockz

February 9, 2012 at 11:21 pm

yeah i had all my long natural curly hair chopped off by a dumbass and my hair grows so freakin slow so i have to have hair extensoins now..taught me a lesson on just leaving my hair alone! i want all my pretty long curls back

• PaulettePoles

February 10, 2012 at 4:43 am

Donnabella has 15% off hair right now! Gonna reorder mine for my 6 mo redo at the discount 🙂

• AvaBabe

February 10, 2012 at 1:03 pm

IP: you should jabber no problem funding a sure that Carries them, especially where you are, just look in the strip malls with heavy Asian presence, it ask a sista… She will know where to get the weave! Lol. I buy the highest quality hair I can afford in wefts and make my own, or I did when I had short hair but I have finally grown it out to not need them.

• AvaBabe

February 10, 2012 at 1:06 pm

OP:: you should have no problem finding a store that Carries them, especially where you are, just look in the strip malls with heavy Asian presence, or ask a sista… She will know where to get the weave! Lol. I buy the highest quality hair I can afford in wefts and make my own, or I did when I had short hair but I have finally grown it out to not need them.

and not all students butcher hair 😉 I still had clients that were my first cuts!

• HairChik664

February 12, 2012 at 1:58 am

My first set ever I bought at sallys. Horrible idea. After that I got into doing a lot of research online and found Foxy Locks extensions. I fell in love and orderd a set. It didn’t take long at all to receive, the owner ( who is only 23), Imogen…is such a sweet heart. Any questions I had she answered right away, not to mention her YouTube channel has hundreds on do-it yourself styles for your extensions done step by step. I was worried a bit after I got them… A little bit of the hair fell out, not much though. Anyway… To make a long story short, its been almost 2 years since I’ve had them and I’m still wearing them daily. And let’s put it this way, I flat out don’t/never took care if them the way I should have. They’re still going strong! When I recently went to order more from foxylocks… She was currently out of stock, so I moved onto Hello Gorgeous. Now I’m somewhat nervous at my decision because I’ve read Sooo many places they take so ln

• HairChik664

February 12, 2012 at 1:59 am

* to ship. Soo I hope I didn’t make the won’t choice. I’m going to be highly pissed if it takes mine 2 months to get.

Page 2 of 3