StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help for a large-chested lady?

• Help for a large-chested lady?

Posted by SpyralBound on May 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Hey Veeners…

I am blessed/cursed with a pair of DD's, and I'm finding this is giving me some trouble with some moves. For example, the floor body wave just doesn't work for me because I pretty much have to do a push-up to get the boobies off the floor, and in Crucifix it's sort of hard to get both of them on the same side of the pole. I'm still a beginner but I'm nervous that they'll be even more of a problem once I start doing some more advanced moves, or when I go upside down and they end up all up in my face or trying to escape my top, which I've already encountered in yoga.

Can any other busty beauties give me some tips or tricks to make my boobies work for me, not against me?

Thanks!

A far-from-flat Pankake

RoYale replied 13 years, 4 months ago 15 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • Runemist34

May 16, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Hey hon,

I know how you feel…I got me a pair of F's. Generally I wear a sports bra (so if I ever post a video, they sure don't look as big as they are!) so they don't get in my way…but this also means I don't like putting pressure on them, because they don't squish anymore, they're as squished as they get!

The foor body wave, I'll be honest, I've not tried. However, for the crucifix (if you're talking the upright one!) I've tried, and the best thing I can suggest is lean away slightly when you get up there, so that when you go to the side, they come with you!

But a sports bra is always awesome. 🙂

• Deesse Jesse

May 17, 2011 at 7:57 am

Hey Pankake!

The good news is you're far from alone. I'm pretty sure there'a quite a few of the far from flat variety here! My long and short of the whole question is you find a way to work around them. You figure out how to move your body to accomadate your chest mostly by practice.

I totally relate to the falling out of tops when you're upside down! haha I warn girls I dance with that I will probably flash them at some point! You pretty much have a few options to deal with this. The first is to get a good sports bra. LuLuLemon carries up to DD and they have really good ones. I should know, I've been squeezing myself into one that's several sizes too small and it still works pretty well. My personal opinion though is I really dislike most sports bras and I hate the feeling of boobs being squished together. So what I prefer is to wear a god bra (not balconette style) with a workout top or any top that has a high percentage lycra/spandex/etc. That way everything gets held in even if you spill out  of your bra a little!

• SpyralBound

May 17, 2011 at 11:26 am

Thank you, ladies. 🙂

I do have a pretty decent sports bra, but it does double-duty between pole dancing and Zumba, so it's often in my bag at the gym (because honestly, what with all the jumping and bouncing, I kinda need it more for Zumba). The one thing I don't like is how it flattens things into a "uniboob" – not entirely sexy!

I left a comment on the Floor Body Wave video and Veena suggested that I do it on my hands and knees instead, so I'll start working on that variation and see what it looks like.

I really think bra manufacturers must believe that busty ladies don't exercise! And that the only colors we like are black, white and beige. UGH.

• Tovah

May 17, 2011 at 11:55 am

Hello Ladies,

When I started to pole I had 32G's …lol Now I have lost weight and mostly body fat and last I checked I was at 18% body fat. I think it's down a bit more. Anyways all to say is I also lost cup size from G's to DD's now.

I had to get specially fitted for bras and they don't come cheap either as they don't make anything 32 above a C cup. I would recomend that you get properly fitted. :O

My Ortho Dr. recomended strongly that I run post shoulder injury…I think he had good intentions but didn't really look at me to suggest such thing…https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif I did run on the treadmill and I knew I had to start working out again through the agony of it all. I divided certain activities as a one bra or 2 bra sport type thing as I didn't want to injure anyone at the gym…https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_safesex.gif Apparently it didn't matter as  men/guys would stare anyways & women have asked me if they were real and I say yes, home grown.

I found pole to be the best activity so far that works for me so far. I am now a size 4 and have no clothes that fit me properly either as the tops are different from the bottoms. None of the pole outfits top fit properly other than present like a mamogram aka boob squisher and does nothing for my God given figure.  I have contacted someone to make me a pole outfit or two but she is very busy & remain on her list.

I hope this helps.

• Kira

May 17, 2011 at 3:24 pm

when you say the floor bodywave do you mean lying on your back and lifting your hips up and bodywaving like that? if so I've tried that and it's hard to breathe lol  I just avoid doing moves where my chest is in my face….. with inverts and stuff where gravity is against you just don't look up towards your chest 😛 and I try to lengthen my torso (I don't know how to explain how to do that) so you don't look as bunched together at the top.

I've been naughty and wearing normal bras and vest tops to pole and there's been occassions where I've come dangerously close to falling out but I find sports bras for larger chests so ugly. Looks like some kind of contraption, yuck. Wearing wired/supported bikini tops are good but even that can be quite hard to find sometimes, all I ever see are triangle tiny bikinis 🙁 

How do you go about finding your body fat % though? I've been poling for over 3 years and there's not been a time that I have gone down a bra size, in fact I think I've gotten bigger – super gutted!!!!! Don't want to complain with what I've been given but they're waaaay too big for my body frame and it makes me super self conscious and makes it hard to find tops that complement me 🙁 meh /rant over

• Tovah

May 17, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I had my body fat measured at the gym when I was a member and at the end of my membership I got it done.

I think there's some biggest loser scales out there that measures all of that.

There is also a calculation to measure your body fat as well.

Should you have a personal trainer then he/she can do that for you as well but that means you get body measurments on paper and monitor.

As far as wt goes that muscle weighs more than fat and what you want is to lose inches.  Your clothes will tell you as well when your slimming down.

If you are gaining wt in a bad way then one needs to look at their diet consumption.  What has helped me is (although I am not a true Paleo) but the paleo diet works well. It is high protein, fruits 'n veggies…lots of water and try to stay off the beer or wine until your losing what you want to lose. I have allowed myself a cheat day and when I do have what I crave for …lol That when I eat it then it truly tastes funny and not as good as I had imagined.

I hope this helps.

• SpyralBound

May 17, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Ollie – First, I totally sympathize with not being able to find flattering tops. Bathing suit shopping is its own special kind of hell. I'm happy to have found one that works – it's a one-piece with a little skirt and is specially designed to tuck the tummy, and I've also started wearing it for pole dancing, since I don't know any moves yet that require a P.O.C. on the torso. But it's also not very modest in terms of cleavage, and while I was able to do an Inverted Crucifix without flashing anyone, when I got upright again there was some spillage. I might have to try a bathing-suit/bra combo. And don't worry about ranting – I feel bad ranting to most of my friends because they don't have the same problem, they see me as lucky, so it's sort of a relief to talk about it with others who really feel the burden and can empathize.

The Floor Body Wave I'm talking about is the one where you're lying on your front, elbows bent and hands by your shoulders, and you start it with the booty up and wave forwards, the boobs are the last thing to wave but they are supposed to come up off the ground. It's in the beginner lessons. I loved the way it looked when Veena did it, so I was frustrated to find myself limited by my anatomy. It's one thing to not be flexible enough for something, flexibility can be worked on, but these puppies can only be helped by surgery.

Your bra size might also have gone up because by poling, you are building up your pectoral (chest) muscles, so bigger muscles might mean bigger band or cup size because the "fatty bits" have more foundation to lay on. Tovah is also right, muscle weighs more than fat. Weight is really just one way of measuring how healthy you are, and it gets an unfair emphasis in the media. I have a scale that I got from Bath & Body Works for $30 that measures body fat and water %, which is nice because then you can tell when you're just carrying a lot of water weight.

One last note, some people can only lose weight by changing their diet, some can only lose weight by adding exercise, some achieve the best success by doing both. I have found personally that I can exercise as much as I want, but I'm not going to see a change on the scale unless I change what I eat, too. There is no one-size-fits-all plan. The best thing you can do for yourself is try new things – variety challenges the body, and the body must adapt, which often results in a change of shape (even if that's not reflected on the scale).

• Jgreylock

June 17, 2011 at 5:45 pm

i know how it is to have the girls be in control of your wordrobe, lol

i usually order my bras online from the uk. if you'd like, i'll give ya a resource list

• SpyralBound

June 17, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I've been hesitant to buy any sort of undergarments online without being able to try it on, just because my size can vary depending on the style of the bra. Sometimes my band size is 36, sometimes 38; sometimes a DDD will fit me better than a DD. So unless it's from chain store or somewhere local that I can easily return it, I try to avoid buying bras online.

Thanks for the offer, though. I know I'm not the only one on SV with this problem, nice to have company facing the same issues.

• Hana Granados

June 17, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Hi Guys,  36D here!  I have been up to a 36DD but at my current size 4 I am pretty stable at a D.  I have tried so many sports bras and I really hate the uniboob look so I was really happy when I found the champion brand sports bra (amazingly around$20!)  which converts from traight to racer back with alittle hook and is high enought to never spill out of but has an underwire (padded) and lightly paddec shoulders so it is really comfortable and still gives a nice profile and shape!  I know it comes in a D but I am not absolutely sure it comes in DD.  If that one doesn't work for you I highly recomend the selection at  Title 9 whick has some physical locations as well as a great webpage. I never pole (or do anything else active) without a sports bra and then something snug but pretty on top of it.  I also highly recomend Sweet Vixen Couture for pole clothes.  Lorainne, who seems to own the company and also make the clothes claims she can "do anything" and she has been amazing with me.  She has modified one of the tops that I liked to work as a midriff length racerback with room for my bra under it and still comes in all the pretty colors and materials she carries!!! I love her!!!  

• PoleNerd

June 18, 2011 at 11:31 am

Not sure what Champon is making these days, but I recall them having a sports bra up to a 42DDD. Goddess also makes a few sports bras (in black, even!) that go up to F or G. You probably won't be able to escape the uniboob look with a sports bra, but maybe it won't matter if you're looking more for function that fashion. You could always put on a cute top on.

Try to find a local boutique that specializes in bras and/or bra fitting. They seem to have way better variety than department stores. (I used to work at one of these boutiques)

I feel y'all – I'm a small DD, but my size has def increased since poling. They really only get in the way when they're sore around that time of the month. Banging a sore boob into the pole or the floor is never, ever fun.

• kat pole princess

June 18, 2011 at 7:51 pm

hiya ladies,

im at a 40dd.  i hate sports bras so i found the racer back underwire bra from bali  keeps the ladies in check.  no moving whatsoever!!!!  and super comfy!!!!

good luck,

kat

• Hazi411

June 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Hi ladies

I have the same problem – I'm a 30GG or 32G. Most pole wear tops I see would do absolutely nothing for my boobs.  Having a very narrow back and big boobs is a bit of a problem, as many manufacturers only go to a D cup and/or seem to think that if you've got boobs, you must be bigger all over.  Wrong!

I buy Shock Absorber bras from Figleaves, which I wear either under a T shirt or on their own if I need more skin on the pole.  I don't like the idea of wearing u/wire bras for pole work, so I stick to sports bras.  Shock Absorber bras come in several different colours – purple, teal etc. I've found them very good.

Hope this helps!

• VanillaryPuff

June 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Have you looked at Poleskivvies yet? You can check out the sizing chart – there is S, M, L and Goddess, so I guess you should fit at least in Goddess https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

Jennifer is also very kind and helpful, if you have any questions! (I wear a 32D, and M fits just right)

• VanillaryPuff

June 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Have you looked at Poleskivvies yet? You can check out the sizing chart – there is S, M, L and Goddess, so I guess you should fit at least in Goddess https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

Jennifer is also very kind and helpful, if you have any questions! (I wear a 32D, and M fits just right)

http://poleskivvies.com/gemini-pole-bra/

Page 1 of 2