StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help for a large-chested lady?

• RoYale

June 23, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Stay tuned, I got the remedy, Im in the libray right now, I am 38HH, I found a wonder sports bra when I was training for for my Half marathon group, I cant look at my bra right now, but I know you can buy if off ebay or else where, it's a little pricey i'm thinking like $56, but had it for over a year and can do like 3 hours of pole in it, and it's no under wire, I believe my size on this bra is like a 38 DD, it's super. Once I'm able to peak at it i'll post it for everyone.

• Lyme Lyte

June 23, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I made the mistake of buying a ONE SIZE fits all bra and short set from Bad Kitty.  Well, one size does not fit all.  From a 36DD, my boobs are not even covered in the top….they fall right out!  And the bottoms were super teeny too.  I'm not even that big, but the short don't even begin to cover anything!

Of course I thought I would send back, but they have a no return policy!  So, Big Busted Buyers Beware!  (BBBB)

• Finreah

June 23, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Hi Pankake. I have 36D mommy boobs so they are a little ummmm less then full now :). What I do to keep them from escaping is wear a supportive underwire bra with sports bra over. I get great support and it cuts down on the uniboob look. My favorite bras I get from Soma. They are marketed towards ladies older then us.( I would say 40 and above) but they are excellent and wash really well. Oh and they aren't cheap. Plus they have a front clasp style that I LOVE.

• SpyralBound

June 23, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Thanks for all the tips, ladies. I've been experimenting with different combinations of bras and tops – the only thing I hate about layering bras is that it tends to add bulk, and that's the last place in the world I need anything added on top of what I already have! I've been spending wayyyy too much money on clothes lately so I'm trying to make do with what I have. I wish bras in our sizes weren't so god-dang expensive! It's bad enough to have to look high and low and under rocks to find the right size, the price hike is like an extra slap in the face. "You're abnormal, in case you haven't noticed, so we're going to charge you more." What good is a stellar bra if I can't afford more than one at a time?

And Lyme, you're right, One Size Fits All is bogus. And I HATE camisoles/tanks that have built-in shelf bras, because the elastic just does not stay where it's supposed to and offers no support at all.

Currently I'm on the hunt for the perfect strapless dress for summer. I typically avoid anything strapless/halter/spaghetti-strap because of the bra issue, but I'm starting to be braver and more trusting of strapless bras – I have a really good one that I used for my wedding dress but haven't worn since.

• Yogini

June 24, 2011 at 8:10 am

Hi Girls! I'm another member of the Big Boob Club! I was just remeasured over the holidays (my mother's idea of a Christmas present) and found out I am a 32DDD. I had been wearing 36D, but honestly, the 32DDD fit so much better. Thing is, they cost about $75US, so I'm sticking to my $12US 36Ds from Target for the most part.

When I exercise, I wear one of my cheap cotton underwire bras and a tight sports bra. The underwire bra helps keep them separated for the most part so I can avoid "uni-boob". Plus there's a lot of support so they don't go flying around. I still have to adjust a couple times in yoga and pole class, but I'm so used to adjusting my bras all day anyway that it doesn't bother me.

It's so nice to hear fellow large breasted women vent. I have complained all my life and only hear back things like "I would LOVE to have big breasts" and "You're crazy for wanting smaller boobs!". My favorite one was "Wow! Your breasts are HUGE!" as if I didn't already know. Yeah, buddy, I've never looked down and have always wondered what these two heavy flesh bags were. Thanks for pointing it out to me. Ugh.

My breasts used to be bigger. I had a reduction in high school and another in my early twenties. Even still, they have gotten a bit smaller since I've upped my exercise and lost a few pounds. But my wardrobe is still decided mainly by my chest.

I recommend checking out Victoria's Secret for swimwear and bra-tops (that have the shelf bra built in). They run sales often and their return policy is easy. And Athleta has some very nice suits (that are a bit pricey, but so worth it) for large-chested ladies. Some of them are reversable too so it's like a two for one.

• RoYale

July 3, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Okay, Im back. The name of the bra I use is called Moving Comfort, you can find online on their website or on ebay. Now I wear a 36 HH, but I get a 36 DD in the moving comfort, it will cost you about $35 to $45 or you can also try Enell sports bras, but they have alot of coverage in the back, but the girl in my pole class is very busty and her boobs go "NO WHERE" I want to get one of those now too :-).  They are also on ebay and on their own website and will run $64.  Hope this helps..

• RoYale

July 3, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Okay, Im back. The name of the bra I use is called Moving Comfort, you can find online on their website or on ebay. Now I wear a 36 HH, but I get a 36 DD in the moving comfort, it will cost you about $35 to $45 or you can also try Enell sports bras, but they have alot of coverage in the back, but the girl in my pole class is very busty and her boobs go "NO WHERE" I want to get one of those now too :-).  They are also on ebay and on their own website and will run $64.  Hope this helps..

Page 2 of 2