StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help, how do I clean my new pole

• Help, how do I clean my new pole

Posted by Divasunshine on May 30, 2015 at 2:10 pm

I just got a new pole and it seems extra slippery. I’ve tried dry hands but all of me just slips off the pole, even if I am doing a pole hold with my feet on the floor. Seems a little strange to me because it doesn’t happen at the studio. I just figure there may be a film on the pole that needs to be cleaned off. Help, lol.

polesilks replied 9 years, 3 months ago 11 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

May 30, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Look up veena’s steam cleaning trick for cleaning new poles. It really does wonders. I also use a mix of rubbing alcohol&water for keeping my pole clean.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 30, 2015 at 3:13 pm
  • sirene

June 3, 2015 at 5:02 pm

when nothing works, you can use acetone , it’s really fantastic and add grip on the pole ! i was used to do this with my chrome, but now i have a new with ‘geko grip” ( from italia) and don’t do that anymore so this pole is grippy !

• Krista Bocko

June 3, 2015 at 8:57 pm

I’m going to try acetone, thanks for the idea! My pole is two years old but doesn’t seem nearly as grippy as it could be

• Divasunshine

June 3, 2015 at 11:06 pm

I bought a hand steamer for my clothes, months ago and never took it out of the box. It now resides with my pole equipment. It did a fantastic job and it took minutes. Thank you Veena.

• Veena

Administrator
    June 4, 2015 at 9:10 am

Yay, so happy It worked for you! It’s always worked great for my poles 💜

• Stephanie X Pole

June 4, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if you have an X-Pole- but just a reminder here that there is no “factory film” or “coating” on our poles. Acetone can strip the finish and it is really bad for the pole in general. we recommend using just rubbing alcohol for daily use.
    Steaming the pole is also not recommended as it will simply strip the finish- its just adding water and heat- which can rust the steel as well so definitely not recommended.
    Acetone and anything chemical is not only abrasive for the pole but could be harmful for your body as well- your skin absorbs everything! Keep that in mind. Thanks!

• Pinkie Pip

June 4, 2015 at 1:33 pm

I’m a big rubbing alcohol fan

• sirene

June 4, 2015 at 2:48 pm

i used acetone for my chrome pole several years and i can swear it isn’t dangerous at all !! my chrome is as good as she was as i received it , so the finish is always the same and wasn’t abrasive for me at all and my pole too !! in fact it’s fantastic for the grip and my old pole is always shiny ! i had this tip (with acetone) from a profi pole dancer and nothing is damaged !i would not recommend if it were so as you’re telling Stephanie !

• ncooke19754965

June 4, 2015 at 5:18 pm

The only thing that works for is Vodka and cotton cloth.it makes it sticky and clean

• zoilife6233

June 4, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Acetone does Not absorb into a skin as it is a very volatile substance just could trigger slight headache.
    In fact we absorb much more acetone during the session of shellac manicure/pedicure thru our cuticles. Acetone is a naturally occurring substance in our body.
    But I would only use it on chrome. I think its a good way to ruin brass or TG

• zoilife6233

June 4, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Haha
    Russian old school method always works:)

• Veena

Administrator
    June 4, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Yep alcohol during practice and steam to get all the grip aids and skin residue off.

I’m shocked the xpoles would be so sensitive that hot water/steam would take off the finish, seems very odd!!!!! I’ve never had any problem and I’ve been doing it for a good 4 yrs now!!!! I remember it being recommended by xpole that people clean them with hot soapy water. I would think steaming and instantly wiping to dry shine would be better than water and soap?

• sirene

June 4, 2015 at 6:50 pm

i don’t know for brass or TG i had a chrome (and still have though i have a new with special “geko grip’ as i said) i just can say acetone is very good, give a try and then try the another advices and choose what’s the better is for you……i know about vodka lol ! but for my pole it didn’t work so i just have to drink the bottle with my friends lol !…….Veena i didn’t try your water/steam but will with my new pole and you’re right, what xpoles are saying is very odd !……..

• kittikin3522

June 4, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Steam cleaning made a huge difference for me. I had been almost unable to practice on my home pole, but now it is sufficiently grippy after just one steam cleaning. It feels much more safe to do spins and tricks

Page 1 of 2