StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help with chopper and inverts

• Help with chopper and inverts

Posted by sallybull6140 on November 15, 2012 at 1:37 am

Hiya. Newbie here :). I’ve been piling for 2 years but I really am struggling with chopper and inverting. I can do teddy and flag and half genie but I can’t seem to be able to tuck my hips up and over.
    I have been doing practice on the floor at shoulder stands and have been strengthening by doing the hanging tuck.
    Very disheartened. Any suggestions?

Camilla Leilasdotter replied 11 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • sallybull6140

November 15, 2012 at 1:38 am

Obviously that should say poling 😄

• sallybull6140

November 15, 2012 at 1:38 am

Obviously that should say poling 😄

• Camilla Leilasdotter

November 16, 2012 at 8:06 am

Hello sallybull6140! sry 2 hear that! unfortunatly, Ive been having kind of the same issue :/ I am finally starting to get my invert, but it aint pretty.. With that said, what have helped me whit the small progress I have had is actually a lot of different things, and I am not really sure what helped the most or if it is some sort of combination, and there are lote of different reasons why people struggle with the invert. Anyway, I have been trying to get at least one hour of cardio a day, since my big but was quite hevy to lift 😛 then I started practice controlled shoulderstands or what i should call them, laying on the floor, with the pole placed in my armpit, hands i the same positioning as for inverting, and then raiseing the legs upp as in an invert, but from laying on the floor. Hope that made some sense to you. My goal was at first 20 of those a day, but in reality it was for like 2 times a week or so 😛 but it helped a lot, i think. Then i started som flexy training, so that i could pull up my legs from a smaller distance from thje pole 😛 I also found that i was really unflexible in the back, and stretching that one out every day or so also helped. Now i am also poling seriously for twice a week, and that helped in building "basic" shoulder and back strenght, so that the body doesnt fall down trying to invert. Well, i think you have to find your "invert problem areas", and finding ways to solve them. But i would gladly have more advice on this topic as well, since i am now struggeling wiht the chopper…