StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hi from Seattle! :)

• Mary Nightingale

May 22, 2013 at 6:28 am

Moving to Seatle soon, I contacted Divine Movement via email regarding being advanced and wanting to be permitted taking more advanced classes and they replied me rather fast and were utterly considerate.
    They gave me two choices – take a private class or get assessed at a drop in class and cleared me for registration fast when I chose the latter. So I had a good experience with them so far and I hope the classes would be just as good.

• HollyInSeattle

May 22, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Thanks so much ladies for the response, and yes I went ahead and bought 6 privates, I took my first one on Monday. WELL worth the money. My favorite part of the whole hour was the last 2 minutes I showed the instructor my shoulder mount and she actually said it was good. I knew I could do it! I just needed the security of having someone stand next to me, and once I was inverted she carefully instructed me into an inverted crucifix and she told me to release my legs slightly and I gracefully slid down to floor… I was ecstatic….. thank you Annie!

• x falcon 3 0 x

May 22, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Hey SerendipityMa! I'm from behind the Orange Curtain, too ; ), Aliso Viejo, to be exact.  I used to take classes at OC Pole Fitness.  We probably know some of the same people.  I moved up to Seattle a little over a year ago and have settled in Shoreline.

For anyone wondering more about Divine Movement (Seattle location), I took a private session when I came up here for a job interview.  I explained my experience beforehand.  When I got my job offer and moved here, I went straight into the advanced inversions classes.  My private instructor explained to the owner that I had demonstrated the required skills to be at that level.  I love my instructor (who is also my Pilates teacher), however, I do agree that they're timeliness (or lack thereof) in replying to emails needs much improvement.

• SharkyHill

May 23, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I hear ya!  I moved to the Bremerton area from San Diego, and was spoiled by the fact that I had pole studios all around me!  I don't want to have to commute so far (like have to take a freakin' ferry) to go to class!  So I like other's ideas of booking private lessons here and there, but re-signing up for the online lessons!    

• aliceBheartless

May 23, 2013 at 4:16 pm

O boy! We are getting a larger Seattle area contingent on here! 🙂 I moved to Silverdale from Hawaii last year, and so excited to see more and more polers in the area!

• SharkyHill

May 23, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Yep! We gotta represent, haha! I heard that there was a studio where I live in Poulsbo, but they moved to Port Orchard! WTF?

• aliceBheartless

May 23, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I want to check that studio out again, the last time I went there, they were in a different space, and their new space looks really nice. From Silverdale, I think its only a 20 min drive. 🙂 Even though there are only a couple of options on the peninsula, still a few more than where I moved from!

• SharkyHill

May 23, 2013 at 5:56 pm

@corbyOconner, ya, I think I’m just being a baby about it, haha! I guess it would be about a 30 minute drive from Poulsbo.

• Pinkkupcakez

May 24, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Just wondering, anyone been to Writhe Pole Dance in Marysville?

• smokinangel

May 24, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Currently in Seattle, but might be moving to silverdale. Corby, we should totally pole jam sometime!

• aliceBheartless

May 25, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Yes we should! Currently, I am traveling, and I travel almost all the time. But hopefully that will soon slow and at some point this summer, I will be more settled. 🙂

• CrazyKosters

May 26, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Never heard of Writhe pole dance but that would be better for me than kirkland or seattle. Now i have homework!

• Pinkkupcakez

May 27, 2013 at 3:35 am

Yesh, if anyone has any experience with Writhe, please let me know. It's a little ways out for me and would like to see how it might be before I make the hike out there.  Thanks!

• Pinkkupcakez

May 27, 2013 at 3:36 am

Yes, if anyone has any experience with Writhe, please let me know. It's a little ways out for me and would like to see how it might be before I make the hike out there.  Thanks!

Page 2 of 2