StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions High-Glitz Pageants (ages 0-12)???

• dressmakingmommy

June 15, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I am a pageant mommy. My mother put me in pageants more to make friends then anything and after competing from 3 to 15 now being 21 years old two of the girls i met at pageants are my bestfriends…I want the same for my lil girl if she says no then ok thats fine. I have ment some really nice moms in the system but i am from kansas…hahaha. I make all of my daughters wear from scratch and i love her watching me make it to. I am a single mom but her dad all i expect of him is just to go cheer her on…this is a mommy daughter hobbie i will pay for it. I see some moms on the show that do make me sick because it is for them to show off or live through their  child. I just want my children to have oppurtunity possible. And at the moment my daughter loves it…she loves to play dress up and loves that its all about her. with two young toddlers both my kids deserve to have fun one on one time with both parents. I like the moms that make their girls clothing, one saves money, it always fits, and it makes you the mom feel like look what i did for my lil girl exspecially when her face lights up cause she knows mommy did it not some stranger. I only did one giliz with my daughter i like to stick to natural for now. I like the moms in natural to semi glitz alot but the glitz moms take it so seriously….WELL I put so much money in she better win…my thought learn to sow!!! and let her have fun and meet new people..,.

• dressmakingmommy

June 15, 2012 at 11:00 pm

i forgot to add you know i think they provide confidence and that confidence can drive u to achive amazing things

• Veena

Administrator
    June 15, 2012 at 11:09 pm

dressmakingmommy, sounds like you and your girls have fun with pageants! It's nice to hear another side of this, a happy side!! Thanks for sharing https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

• glitterhips

June 15, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I am interested to hear more about the natural pageants as those seem much better than the ones on tv!

• GiedreB

June 17, 2012 at 3:47 am

My goodness… From 10.000 to 250.000 dollars? Seriously? Why not send the child to a dance or music school for that money, which can actually be useful… In my opinion, all those pageants do is make children spoiled. With ruined skin, ruined hair and a ruined perception of beauty. And I'm sorry, but it seems that those moms just need a doll to play with and they choose their daughters for that…

• CreativityBySteffie

June 17, 2012 at 5:36 am

I was in pageants when I was a kid. My mom was kind of crazy about it, and really only gave me attention if she could play dress up with me. I had these amazing princess dresses, but that was all she ever bought for me, so I couldn't run around and play with other kids in those dresses. I have a memory of me, when I was very little, One of my moms friends was holding me while my mother was putting red nail polish on my toes. I was screaming and cring because I didn't want to, but the friend just kept holding me. After that my father stopped it and told my mother, that he would leave with me, if she ever treated me like a doll again. I was so miserable back then. Needless to say, from that moment on, I was a daddys girl 🙂 My mom did change over time. She was very young when she had me, and she didn't find motherhood to be so interesting untill she got alittle older. She was far from a perfect mother, but we did become closer at the end. But I wont ever forget her forcing me by hand to dress me up. 

• poledanceromance

June 17, 2012 at 9:25 am

I’m totally grossed out by the idea of pageants. Maybe it’s just my opinion but I would rather my kids “meet people and make friends” by doing activities focused on learning a skill or sharing learning like book clubs, theatre groups, non-competitive sports environments like dance etc. I think that’s a lot more useful for a kid’s life skills because that’s how people meet and bond in real life. I believe those social skills are more valuable if they come in the context of learning to DO something.

• Dancing Paws

June 17, 2012 at 11:02 am

Can’t the low glitz pageants still specialize our girls? That us what bothers me the most. I see some of the routines the girls do and it is way to sexy for a little girl. I still say dance classes, etc are a good way to socialize and have a girl perform.

• Dancing Paws

June 17, 2012 at 11:08 am

*sexualize (not specialize.)

Page 2 of 2