StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hmmmm…A thought for the techies….

• Hmmmm…A thought for the techies….

Posted by reenie aka Mysfit on January 11, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I had a thought—(I know! be afraid…..be very afraid!) https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_rambo.gif

Anyway……Some videos I watch still buffer every few secs and drive me batty cuz I can't watch it through its entirety non stop. However, it is only some videos…..done by some of the members.

The rest seem to be fine~

So….my thought…..

Is it possible this buffering is only caused on some of the members videos due to them using a different software for editing…….???

My flash is 100% up to date and is also set now to notify me immediately if there is an update so I shouldn't have any flash problems anymore.

So…..Is my thought potentially a reasonable explanation?

thanks in advance

reenie

velvetvixen replied 13 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Runemist34

January 11, 2011 at 9:26 pm

As far as I'm aware, it all depends on your internet speed, the size of the file, the traffic on the website…

The video player (as far as I know, I could be wrong!) tries to buffer enough to give you one whole video, even if it's downloading as you're watching, and give itself enough time to get more video before you've watched everything it downloaded!

• Webmaster

Administrator
    January 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Video on the web is an extremely complex endeavor that goes beyond just file size or bandwidth, we are always working to improve the video experience.

• luvlee

January 12, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I would like to see an option where a user can TAG others who are in the video so they can have the video on their profile too. You know like on Face Book? I do not know what all would go into that. It is just an idea I thought I would bring up so I do not have to go to my friends profile to see videos I am in.

• velvetvixen

January 13, 2011 at 10:10 am

I second the idea of tagging videos! That would be cool. I love how the lesson videos are set up by the way. 🙂