StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How Many Times Do You Practice per Week

• luvlee

March 24, 2013 at 8:58 pm

I was in gymnastics for only 10 years. I also did ballet, cheerleading, drill team, and competition cheer dance. I am currently looking into Lyrical dance classes for adults. 🙂

• Paula Floyd

March 24, 2013 at 9:03 pm

i pole 3 times a week i think …depends on my work, if im super busy i could go 2 weeks without practice…which makes me soo sad, always do a warm up freestyle focus on my grip and body movement, to get my self loose …ill mix it up with floor work and strength tricks. threw out the week. i have just started to stretch every day for about 30 min. my pole sessions vary..if im having a good day i can go for as long as an hour and a half. on a bad day 30 min. i need to get a better system down to get more consistent 

• Runemist34

March 25, 2013 at 1:32 am

I generally try to get in as much pole as I can… sometimes this results in 5 days a week, and sometimes only 2 days a week… but I also try to keep in mind that I'm rock climbing now, and I also sometimes participate in the fighting practice for my LARP each Sunday.

And also that my work is hell on my body. I stand for 5-8 hours each shift, and while they may not be often, it seems to really drain me of energy.

My goal is to get my practicing a little more consistent, and to stretch far more often (it's happening maybe once a week, these days, and that is not enough!).

• hookedonpole

March 25, 2013 at 2:09 am

I average twice a week with pole practice, sometimes three.  I do however take a bootcamp fitness workout class, as well as privates with a strength fitness trainer.  This has helped tremendously with stamina and strength to have better pole practices and accomplishments.I do neglect stretching and flexibility which hinders some pole tricks/accomplishments.

• hookedonpole

March 25, 2013 at 2:14 am

Oh, my bootcamp fitness is twice a week, with once a week private.  I stopped when I got horrible flu in January and will be starting privates again in April.

My schedule is usually:  Bootcamp class on Monday and Friday with private on Thursday. 

Pole practice on Tuesday and Saturday or Sunday (or both).  Right now I'm taking a pole class on Saturdays which has helped tremendously in comparison to working on my own at home.

Then when I make time, do some strength workout at home on over-the-door pullup bar and ab work, which I really need!

• Crystabel

March 25, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Right now i practice mondays and fridays for about 90-120 min. The first two weeks i got the pole i tried 4-5x a week and realized i would injure myself if i kept that up. I would like to work up to mwf eventually.
    I am trying to figure out a good schedule now because i am used to working out 4-5x a week but it was leaving me too sore for pole. upper/lower lifting split isnt meshing as well as i had hoped.

• Elektra Vallens

March 25, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I pole about 2x week (~1.5hrs) right now, mainly because I'm doing aerials 4x week (1.25-2hrs).  I stretch 3x week (~1hr).

Soon I hope to flip my schedule around and go to pole 3x (~2 hrs) and aerials 3x (1.25-2hrs).

• Nerdybabe89

March 25, 2013 at 9:57 pm

wow!!! u guys are all amazing!

• x falcon 3 0 x

March 25, 2013 at 10:57 pm

i pole about 4x a week but i focus on different tricks at each class or i work on the opposite side.  pole is definitely a quality over quantity type of workout.  when i pole less during the week, i am either working on flexibilty, cardio, etc.  zoraya started off with 1 pole lesson a week along with a clean diet…she's pretty amazing.

• Paunobs

March 26, 2013 at 2:24 am

I pole 4-5 times a week, flexibility and cardio on my off days .:-)

• vickiezoo

March 26, 2013 at 5:43 am

Twice a week if i can, occasionally 3, i also try to run 3 miles 5 x a week and i have an active job, am a zookeeper.

• race911

March 26, 2013 at 6:36 am

so far about 4 days a week, i have a very active job on a horse farm and i ride. so on the days i just dont have it in me i work on flrxibility or floorwork 🙂

• prettypuff1

March 26, 2013 at 6:55 am

I like to practice three to 5times per week if I’m good. I also do cardio on my off days to build up endurance.

This past month has been kind of off for me with practice. I’ve been taking a week off in between practice weeks due to family stuff. I’m also looking to get a new pole that’s easier to set up so I can do things while I’m out of town

• PoleLiang

March 26, 2013 at 10:44 am

I run 10k once a week, the rest of week I try to pole every night. But that’s because I really dont have much time each night, it’s 1 hour to 1.5hr at most, so I foam roll/stretch for half hour, then the rest is for pole. Often time I have only half hour to pole then I have to go to bed…

• cupcakejenea

March 26, 2013 at 12:01 pm

i lift weights and pole every other day with a break in between to rest my body.

Page 2 of 5