StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How Many Times Do You Practice per Week

• HotelChick

March 26, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I’m on my feet working 80+ hours per week. I usually only get one 1.5 hour session on the pole each week. In the two years I’ve been poling, I’ve never been able to do more than two sessions per week. My old body can’t handle any more than that! I do try to spend at least 15 mins each day doing yoga just so I’m doing something for ME every day. Tons of my free time is spent watching my son’s sports and I LOVE it but I’m totally jealous of all the workouts he gets!

• littlelindsay

March 27, 2013 at 8:27 am

I'm not on the pole as often as I'd like but mainly because I feel like I'm in a constant state of muscle recovery these days!

I started a new job at a gymnastics club and my boss has been organizing workouts at 7:30am every day. He's been following a lot of p90x and I've been fucking dead all week! On monday we did shoulders and back and used the high bar as a pull-up bar. He gave me a large box to stand on and was all, "You may need to stand on something as pull-ups are really hard. Don't feel bad if you can't do one."

I just gave him a look and banged out 15 pull-ups with my arms stretched as wide as possible.

After that he became even more intrigued by pole fitness (I can't wait to teach my coworkers, I can tell they're going to be amazing!). The shitty thing is, I was planning on doing a freestyle that day and two days later, my arms still feel dead.

Another funny thing, he was showing me different styles of pushups. One was called The Divebomber and it looked really familiar. "Ohhh!! We call those Stripper Pushups."

Anyway, including class I usually pole three times a week but thanks to the cross training I've been doing I'm too exhausted to even look at the pole. Can't wait until all this strength training pays off to make me a better pole dancer.

http://flyingspinner.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/cross-training/

I wrote a blog post all about my cross training if anyone is interested.

• Krissykiki

March 27, 2013 at 1:57 pm

You guys are all such pros and so inspirational in this busy lifestyle age we live in. I love that everyone finds different ways to incorporate different types of fitness in different ways.

For the past month and a half I adopted a routine of hitting up the gym 2x a week for an hour and half each, I was only poling once a week for a bit but have been trying to bump it back up to 2x a week. I also do intensive stretching once a week. I am aiming to get those centre splits by my birthday damnit!!! 

• chemgoddess1

March 27, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Monday is pole play which usually is 2 hours, Tuesday is date night with hubby so I do not work out at all, Wednesday is Zumba and I try to stretch afterwards, Thursday is up in the air but I try to get *something* in, Friday I bowl for an hour, Saturday is Zumba and who knows what else, Sunday is a rest day.  My husband wants to find some sort of stretching class for us to go to on Tuesday and Friday so I am currently looking into that.  We took the bendability workshop in Detroit at the Showcase and he LOVED it.  He does martial arts but was never shown so many of the stretches that we did during that workshop.  With summer (hopefully) approaching bike riding, hiking and walking the dogs will get worked into my schedule.

• Jacquiespinz

March 27, 2013 at 6:52 pm

I am trying to get in 2-3 times a week. I do triathlons and so my season is just starting. I train for triathlons between 6-9 hours a week, often two workouts a day 6 days a week. So i use pole as a good way for strength training. On top of a full time job as a psychotherapist….keeps things busy! I was on my bike this morning for an hour and in about half an hour i plan on poling.

You are all so inspiring to me!

• Lana Lee

March 27, 2013 at 9:57 pm

I've been only poling 2 times a week for about an hour.  A lot of the stuff I do is really strength based so my muscles tire out too easily to pole any longer.  I used to take contortion classes for 1 1/2 hours, once a week.  They make you do conditioning exercises as well.  Since I've stopped going, my stretching has been neglected lol!

• BassAddict

March 28, 2013 at 3:45 am

I try to pole every other day but some nights I'm not feeling up to it so I'll do two in a row to make up for it. My sessions range from 45min- 2hours. Its different all the time because of temperature and my ability to keep my pole warm. My main problem with poling on a schedule haha

• Luccia O

March 30, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I love these discussions, you guys are all so inspiroing!

• Luccia O

March 30, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I love these discussions, you guys are all so inspiring! 

• Nerdybabe89

March 30, 2013 at 1:06 pm

they sure are!!!!!! all u  gals are amazing!

• SamH

March 30, 2013 at 4:14 pm

This is really sad but I only pole 2 to 3 times per month. I’m super lazy on my days off of work and when I do pole it’s mostly freestyle and not tricks :(. I want to work on that and pole at least once or twice a week but I haven’t yet.

• Beckypolegirl

March 30, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I pole 3-4 times a week sometimes its only for an hour but usually its two or slightly longer

• JenLFG

March 30, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I pole 3x a week (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) for about 2 hours each time & stretch for 40 mins to an hour after each pole session 🙂 oh & like 15 mins of warm up before too 😉

• Misspolejava

April 3, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I am pretty fortunate because I get off at noon every day 🙂 I go home and nap, and then pole about 2 hours a day 5 days a week at my studio. I hate to miss it because I get grouchy -___- on my days off ill do an hour of stretching in front of the tv ^^

• Cantetinza17

April 11, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I normally practice 4 days a week some days I do 2 classes in 1 day.  I'm also taking contortion classes on the side.

Page 3 of 5