StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I Can’t Stand My Hair At The Moment

• I Can’t Stand My Hair At The Moment

Posted by ORGANIC ANGEL on March 6, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Well, I cut off all of my hair while I was pregnant. Now I miss it even though it really needed to be cut. (It was so color processed.) I have been going aunatural for months now and I have really dark hair. I love the color but miss my length. I bought the snap in extensions and they are so heavy! I don't know how you girls do it. I even saw some posts somewhere here about wearing them to pole in! Oh. My. So I am in that "in between" phase of growing it out…hope it doesn't take too long. I want it another six inches longer atleast. It was at bottom of my back and I cut it to an inch below my collar bone! It has now grown about 2 inches…I am gonna sell my hair on ebay b/c I will never wear that out!(too heavy)

staygold replied 12 years, 5 months ago 27 Members · 46 Replies
  • 46 Replies
  • Runemist34

March 6, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I totally understand your pain!

I cut all my hair off about a year and a half ago… got a trim back to that about 6 months ago, and now I'm like "I want it all back!"

I've got curly hair, so it's really hard to tell if it's actually growing or not. With it wet (or straight) it's about chin-length, and with it curly, it's around cheekbone length.

So yeah, I miss my big, swooshy hair that I could do fun stuff with…

But it'll grow back! We can be growing-our-hair-back buddies 🙂

• LovesIt

March 6, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I understand how you feel! I hacked off my bangs a couple weeks ago. I was ticked I couldn't get them to behave, and (even though I know better) I cut them. I looked STUPID for about a week, they are just now getting long enough that I don't look like Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber. Hope that at least amuses you ; )

• Rachel12345

March 6, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I am having the exact same problem, I had my hair cut to chin length and I wish I hadn't. I also bought some extensions but mine are really light (from Bobby Glam). I don't wear them too often because I dyed my hair bright red and they only match when my hair is freshly dyed  🙁

I also thought a blunt fringe would be a good idea. It wasn't so now I look ridiculous.

I'm going to have to dye it brown so the red stops drawing attention to it.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

March 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm

lol ladies! I keep mentioning it to my hubby and he thinks I am silly for even giving it a second thought. Good to know my fellow veeners are going through the same thing! I look forward to being "growing our hair back buddies"!

We can track our hair herehttps://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Aviva

March 6, 2012 at 6:35 pm

I saw this and couldn't help but respond.  I wish you all speedy hair growth.  My metaphysical (new age) teahcers told me that if you trim your hair on a new moon it grows faster.  I do believe that washing less frequently (2/week) makes it grow because it got a lot longer when I did that. My mother washed her hair everyday and it probably could have been healthier.  Hope that helps.

• Rachel12345

March 6, 2012 at 6:46 pm

That's true about the hair washing. I try to limit to 3 times a week if I can and I use sulphate free shampoo; it's better for the hair and is nice to hair dye. So my hair takes a long time to fade. I used normal colour protect shampoo once and it stripped most of the dye out in one wash. I hate to think how harsh it is on my poor hair 🙁

• Runemist34

March 6, 2012 at 7:21 pm

On the topic of hair washing… would you believe that I limit my actual washing of my hair to once a month or so?

Because of my hair being very curly, it also is very dry. If I wash it (and by this, I mean with shampoo and conditioner, or my usual habit of just conditioner) it goes all fluffy and frizzy, because it's stripped of all it's oils, and can't hold itself together! lol

I've noticed that I need not actually wash my hair… I just get it wet every morning to freshen up the curls- they get pretty destroyed when I sleep. Not washing it allows it to stay more healthy, because it's got the natural oils. Curly hair can be very picky about these things.

If I wash all the time, or even more than once a week, my hair starts to look pretty awful, and gets really dry very quickly (up to, and including, feeling like I've just bleached the ends like crazy when I haven't!).

So, unless you have crazy-oily hair that just won't stop unless you wash it, then I'd say… see how long you can last for! I didn't just jump into it… I tested it slowly. Might have happier hair, and less money spent on hair products, if you give it some time!

Also, I've heard this before: Lots of people say that they have VERY oily hair, when they actually have very dry hair. By over-washing, they cause their scalp to freak out, and it produces too much oil to compensate. It can be quite bothersome and damaging. So, I'd say… if your ends are super dry, but the hair close to your head is really oily, try giving the washing a break!

• bmartin08

March 6, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I hate my hair right now. I cut it into a short pixie 10 months ago and have only trimmed it since then as it grows out to give it a shape back. It is just now to chin length. I want my hair back. Its naturally curly and when I and before I cut it it was past my shoulder blades curly now it’s jaw length straight. here’s to hoping it grows fast.

• Runemist34

March 6, 2012 at 7:26 pm

bmartin08 – You and me, both! I had my hair about that length. That's what I'd like back, too!

• Rachel12345

March 6, 2012 at 7:36 pm

My boyfriend looks at me like I'm crazy when I say I'm not washing my hair. He'll soon change his mind when he starts going bald and I still have loads of hair. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• luvlee

March 6, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I only wash my hair every 4 or 5 days. Since I dye it blonde u can do that but when my roots come out I need to wash it more. You all should try a vitamin from Krogers called Hair, Skin, and Nails. It will make your hair grow faster when taken daily. Healthy Sexy Hair shampoo and conditioner is good to promote growth too. I live the Bix Sexy Hair dry shampoo too!!! My gav since I do not wash every day.

• luvlee

March 6, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I only wash my hair every 4 or 5 days. Since I dye it blonde u can do that but when my roots come out I need to wash it more. You all should try a vitamin from Krogers called Hair, Skin, and Nails. It will make your hair grow faster when taken daily. Healthy Sexy Hair shampoo and conditioner is good to promote growth too. I live the Bix Sexy Hair dry shampoo too!!! My gav since I do not wash every day.

• mspretty1414

March 6, 2012 at 8:04 pm

@LovesIt–Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber, lol I'm cracking up, that made my day!  In high school I got 'layers' at a beauty school and my hair ended up looking like Carol Brady (think fem-mullet), I cried for like a week so I know how all y'all ladies feel, a bad do can really put you in a funk.

• Lana Lee

March 6, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Well I haven't gotten a hair cut since last year sometime…  But I'm gonna post a pretty funny story about what happened to me when I was a teenager.  Maybe it'll make you guys smile!

When I was growing up, my dad was the one that cut my hair.  I've never stepped foot in a hair salon before.  One day when it was hair cutting day (everyone in my family got their hair cut on the same day), I was feeling particularly grumpy and refused to listen to my dad when he told me to look this way look that way.  I looked downwards the entire time…  I wanted bangs and specifically showed my dad how long I wanted my bangs.  I told him "I want my bangs cut just below my eyebrows ok?".  He nodded and started cutting my hair.

By the time he was done, I went to go look in the mirror and almost cried my eyes out.  My hair was too short and my bangs were cut way above my eyebrows.  My dad said it was my fault because I had reufsed to look straight when he was trying to cut my bangs, so he had a hard time gauging how much to snip off.  My bangs were cut THICK and SHORT (kinda like LovesIt's bangs lookin' like Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber).  I wanted them to grow back fast and I heard something about if you snip your hair little by little everyday, it grows back faster.  So….  That's what I did.  I sat infront of my mirror everyday, shortening the already short bangs and making it look worse.  I was feeling pretty ugly for a month with my extremely short bangs…

• Flexx10

March 9, 2012 at 8:02 am

I just went from chin length hair, all the same length with no bangs to a pixie! Not sure what I was thinking when I did that!!!! I feel like I look like a boy 🙁

Page 1 of 3