StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I Can’t Stand My Hair At The Moment

• polergirl

March 9, 2012 at 8:22 am

I will never grow mine out again. I love love love my super short hair. But I do have significant hair envy when I see dancers flipping and tossing these gorgeous manes around.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

Since I bleach mine from very dark brown to white, I only wash it once a week or so. Most other days I "wash" it with conditioner or just massage my scalp while I'm in the shower. It helps keep it from breaking off from all the chemical processing.  

• Krista Bocko

March 9, 2012 at 8:32 am

Oh, hair woes! I too envy long manes sometimes, they look so pretty in hair whips and hanging down when inverted. My cut, however, does NOT. When I'm inverted it just flares out wierd. lol. 

I wonder though how Becca Butcher poles with those long dreadies! That's some amazing hair.

• AvaBabe

March 10, 2012 at 5:14 am

I rarely wash my hair too! people think I am crazy (or worse… Gross) but I have gorgeous hair! Nice curls, goes nice and flat when I want, pretty much any style I want, its shiny but never greasy, and so silky. I only have to wash when I do something really jazzy with products (which I try to avoid)

On the cutting issue, like literally four years ago I cut off all my hair into a faux hawk which I loved but I missed my long hair, and basically same story (it NEEDED cut) but here I am four years later with my locks down to my bra strap after taking really good care of it (semi regular trims, little heat, etc etc you know the usual suspects) any how, the point is, hair grows on average 6 inches a year, and that’s a lot so hang in their ladies! It will be back before you know it! And have fun with it in the mean time, there is a cute little doo you can flirt with that works perfectly with whatever you’re rocking now!

• nymphdancer

March 10, 2012 at 8:03 am

I'm not fond of my hair at the moment either. I'm growing it out, its grown to below my shoulders but it is stick straight and I don't like straight hair on myself.

• tiggertail

March 10, 2012 at 8:33 am

Oh we're a bunch of gross girls here lol. I don't wash my hair more than 2 a week. But i'm the lucky girl who have hair that grow soooo fast, unfortunatly i'm also lazy on duying them. Since i do it only 3-4 a years, i end up with almost 2 inches roots showing. I really need to do something with them right now, bacause the red fade away a long time ago lol

So all that to say : i hear you my girls with should have a hair make over https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• nymphdancer

March 10, 2012 at 8:39 am

my hair grows extremly fast. I'd guess in the last year it has grown at least 4-5 inches. Its part of the reason I went back to dark hair because I was having to dye the red color every 6 weeks or I'd have 1/2 inch of roots.

I'm sitting here in rollers because I'm going to a burlesque workshop and I refuse to have straight hair. And really don't want to put on a wig.

• JessesGirl96

March 10, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I am trying to grow my hair out and get it nice and healthy too.  I recently did a bunch of online research on the Ovation Cell Therapy stuff and Mega-Tek.  They are both products that are supposed to increase thickness, strength and rate of growth.  I decided to go with the Mega-Tek for various reasons and am in my second week of using it.  It hasn't been long enough to note any significant growth but the amount of hair that falls out or breaks off during styling and washing (which for me has been A LOT since I had my babies) has definitely decreased.  Also it has given my hair a lot more volume.  I will give an update when I get around the one month mark of use and let you all know how much growth I had. Also if any of you are interested in looking into these products yourself here is a link to one of the main forums that I did my research in  http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=250031 and also a link to the Mega-Tek that I bought which was the best price I could find on it  http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Tek-Rebuilder-Hoof-Mane-Tail/dp/B001CCZMMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331424182&sr=8-1  

• JessesGirl96

March 10, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Sorry lets try that first link again http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=250031

• PersianXcursian

March 10, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I get a weave put on the back of my head and it adds length without the pull of clip ins and it lasts longer. It also makes my hair grow faster and thicker in that area.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

March 10, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I am using Dr. Bronner's atm. I don't love it but waiting til it runs out to buy something else. I only use organic products b/c I lose less hair w/them.

• daisyheadmayzie

March 11, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Haha growing out my short hair too. I have some friends that get weaves and they look amazing. You would never know it wasn’t real but so expensive. Upwards of $500.00. My hair stylist swears by Phyto vitamins but those are about $50 per bottle. Neither one are an option for me right now. I just wish I could change my look on a whim because I adore super short pixie cuts AND long locks. If only wigs didn’t feel sooooo wiggy. A snap-on Lego hair do would work. I figured we would be like the Jetsons by now. How disappointing 😉

• ORGANIC ANGEL

March 24, 2012 at 8:06 pm

@daisy-the main ingredient in that is biotin-You could just take that at a fraction of the cost.

Switched to baby shampoo this past week…

• Saphyre

March 25, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I agree with Organic Angel. I started taking Biotin about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I am already noticing that less hair is heading for the drain. I take 8mg two times a day. I buy it at a compounded pharmacy (no script needed) because it is more natural and contains only what I need.

• polefairy

March 25, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I can't really complain because my hair grows incredibly fast. So much so that I was a hair model for two Salon brands at the same time. My hair ideally would need trimmed every 3 weeks. My nails are the same, they grow very long in 3-4 days. After a break up I decided to cut my hair (which was down to my lower back) and cut it up all the way to just above my shoulders. I liked it at the time but so glad my long hair is back. It suits me better. I have naturally very long, dark hair and while I'm glad I got to experience the shorter cut, I don't think I'll do it again. 

• ORGANIC ANGEL

March 25, 2012 at 3:06 pm

@polefairy, how long did it take to grow back out?

Page 2 of 3