StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I can finally invert!!!

• Mechie

May 13, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Congratulations!! I did an invert Crucifix the other day too but I cheated because I used momentum…sigh. I really need to work on my core and arm strength. =(

• Grande Dame Marilyn

May 13, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Congratulations!

• LoneStarDiva

May 13, 2011 at 2:23 pm

YAY!

• Runemist34

May 13, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Yay! That's awesome! I just put "basic invert" on my list of moves to work on…and I know it doesn't seem like much, but after a couple years of dancing, it feels like a big thing to me!

Using a little bit of momentum is okay, I think! You're doing great!

• Mechie

May 13, 2011 at 3:37 pm

@ Runemist34 – I think Veena might whack me in the head if I tell her I used momentum to swing my legs up to an invert…LOL  (I didn't want to do it…but my instructor INSISTED…so I did…peer pressure https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif….)

Last night in class, I had great difficulty doing a sun-dial.  I can't lift both of my legs up to a 90 degrees…this tells me I REALLY need to work on my core before I try anymore invert!!  sigh…

Question – Do Veena's lessons have to start at the beginning of the month? Or you can start in the middle of the month and she just charges every 30 days? Last night was my last class in that studio, I would like to start Veena's lessons soon…especially on arm and core strengthening. 

• danzn16

May 13, 2011 at 3:43 pm

it was actually a lot easier than i thought it would be. i think before i just scared and would stop before i really got up there. i had an instructor at my studio spot me and i got right up several times. 🙂 now i wonder what's basic moves after a basic invert and inverted crucifix?

• danzn16

May 13, 2011 at 3:43 pm

@Mechie, you can start a subscription at anytime i believe

• Mechie

May 13, 2011 at 3:57 pm

@ danz16 – That means you have very good core strength https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif  It was no where easy for me…lol  And my instructor did not really spot for us. There were 6-7 girls in the room (all newbies) all doing an invert at the same time and she was standing at the end of the room looking at us.  I was REALLY scared https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif…and I had to force myself to let go of the pole to do the Crucifix (no crash mat).  I think it'll be a long while before I try that move again…I'm afraid to crack my skull…lol

About subscription – does the rate gets pro-rate if it starts in the middle of the month?

• Masked Loopy II

May 13, 2011 at 6:18 pm

I, too, have recently figured out basic invert and inverted crucifix.  I think the some of the next moves that naturally progress from there are the inverted v (chopper) and gemini.  I'm hoping to get those next.

• Stevesgirl

May 13, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Mechie – Every 30 days you will be charged so if you sign up today (May 13) you will be charged $20.  Then on June 13, you will be charged another $20.  On July 13, another $20 and so on.  You can cancel at any time before your next date and you won't be charged after that point.

You can also pay $100 (I think this is the price) and you would get an entire year to access the lessons.  Hope this helps.

• Mechie

May 13, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Thanks  Stevesgirl ^_^

• lovesmypole

May 13, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I did do the basic invert still working on my grap for the crucifix but yay

• Lyme Lyte

May 13, 2011 at 11:28 pm

I got the invert too just a few days ago…….but NOT Veena style!  I kick my leg up into it.   Had I have to do it controlled, smooth, and slow, I probably would never get it.  Now I figure I can work on the smootheness of it over time.  Might post my video, my son caught it on my camera. 

• chemgoddess1

May 14, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Pink…please do not continue kicking into it.  I speak from experience that you can really hurt yourself.  If you do not have the control to get into it then you do not have the control to get out of it and you can do some serious rotator damage that will sideline you for MONTHS.

• Masked Loopy II

May 14, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Here's a tip:  Something I did to keep me from cheating on the invert and doing it more controlled is to practice it a few times standing on tip toes.  It makes it really hard to jump and forces you to use proper form.

Page 1 of 2