StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions International Pole Competition in Denver

• chemgoddess1

August 8, 2011 at 9:58 am

I would really love to know how Matt/Swift/Luis did during the showcase.  The videos/podcast were not mobile friendly so I missed their performance.

• yogabeachbabe

August 8, 2011 at 10:25 am

Chemmie: I didn't have a program so I'm guessing they were the 2 guys and the little boy? They were great! Are you on FB (sorry, missed all those threads about FB names)? If so, please send me a friend request (Sasha Viers in Lafayette, CO or sashaspirals@gmail.com) and I'll get you that vid.

• chemgoddess1

August 8, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Yes, that was them.  I take aerial classes with Matt (well, took, my schedule changed and I cannot get out there any more).  Luis is his son and just came out of a cast about 2 weeks ago.  I will find you on FB.

• kissingaudrey

August 8, 2011 at 1:48 pm

chemgoddess1- Their performance was really fun to watch! Although I have to say I was hoping to see Luis do more, LOL!!

yogabeachbabe- I would be happy to come down & talk about the workshops w/you whenever I could find some time.. there was a lot of really fun stuff. I'm not sure what levels of things you already know. For me– some of it was a refresher, some of it was totally new, & some things were new ways to try things I'd already tried before. I do live in Boulder– very close to y'all actually. After looking at your profile, we already know each other! From classes at L'Ru. 

• chemgoddess1

August 8, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Here is a story about Luis in pole Spin:

http://polespinmag.com/welcome/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Luis-Fernando.jpg

Like I said, he had just (and I mean JUST) gotten his cast off so I am not sure how strong he was.

• yogabeachbabe

August 8, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Oh yes, KissingAudrey! You must have been very proud of Leesi and Keila. They were both fantastic!

• teresawitch

August 9, 2011 at 4:06 pm

this may seem a strange question, but can anyone from denver tell me what the taxi services are like out there. are they prompt? do they run a full service on sundays? are they likely to be half an hour late? dont want to elaborate just curious.

• TrixieLovett

August 9, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I tried calling a taxi while in Denver. While they were almost courteous on the initial phone call they could not/would not give me an estimated time of arrival for my pick up. They told me I would have “the first available” cab sent to me. It seemed silly! I waited almost 30 minutes before I called them back & said “never mind!”

• k2weller

August 9, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I ended up having to call a taxi to get to the airport on Sunday night after the comp was over. My first choice was the shuttle company but for some strange reason they didn’t have any shuttles “available”. In Denver. On the weekend. Anyway, I called Yellow Cab (or Yellow Taxi or something like that) and they sent someone my way within 5 minutes. Super easy. Way more expensive than the shuttle people, but super easy. I know there a few different taxi companies in Denver. Hope that’s helpful!

@yogabeachbabe, yup that was me in the front corner! Sorry we didn’t get a chance to connect!

• teresawitch

August 10, 2011 at 7:29 am

thanks for your replies to the taxi question you guys are the best xxx

Page 2 of 2