StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Is it worth it?

• Is it worth it?

Posted by Cheaannette on February 24, 2011 at 1:24 pm

to got to a class if you own a pole?  I got my pole a few weeks ago and have signed up for the lessons on here ,but I was wondering if I should also go to the girls room ….my local  pole class? Is it worth the money? TIA

Runemist34 replied 13 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

February 24, 2011 at 1:48 pm

One on one instruction is extremely beneficial I think especially in the beginning but ONLY if the studio you go to is qualified.  It is always helpful to have another set of eyes and later when you are learning "tricks" a spotter.

• Melrose

February 24, 2011 at 1:49 pm

The Girls Room is GREAT! I took at class at their Frisco studio when I was in Texas (don't know if that's the location that is close to you) and it was awesome. I def recommend taking classes at a studio – imo the hands on instruction is extremely helpful. I teach classes, take classes, and still do SV online lessons 🙂 

• polefairy

February 24, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I think for a beginner lessons at a studio are great! They'll definitely be beneifical provided you go to a good studio!

• Runemist34

February 24, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I would really like to have lessons in person again. They were super helpful! Even if you do have your own pole at home, well, they can still be really helpful. Usually around here, when I was taking lessons (and had money for them!) I could take the lessons, and then practice at home. I didn't, but that's what I should have done! They can teach you a lot of safety stuff, and get you going good and slow. Warm ups and cool downs also become ingrained, so they're part of your routine.