StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Kids and pole dance

• Kids and pole dance

Posted by bformosa922163 on June 28, 2016 at 1:58 am

Curious to know if anyone has kids or knows someone that has their kids in pole dance classes.

Everytime my 2 year old nephew comes over, he always heads to my pole room. He absolutely has a ball on it, even though he just likes me lifting him up on it so he can slide down. I told my sister she should put him in kids pole classes but I think she is against it. Each to their own. If I had a child that was interested in doing it, I would definately put them in a kids class.

Any thoughts?

bformosa922163 replied 8 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    June 28, 2016 at 2:48 pm

There are no classes where we live but my youngest has used my lessons! He really likes dancing and pole, over this summer he’s worked out with me a few times. I wouldn’t put a child in an adult class though because kids usually need more stimulation to keep them from getting bored. It should be made fun and paced in a way that keeps them safe but excited about it! 😊

• Colleen Larson

June 28, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Would a kids pole dancing class be run similar to a kids gymnastic class? I don’t see how it would work, otherwise. Adult pole dancing classes (for women, men too) include sensuality and teaching one to be confident in their sexuality. That approach is obviously not appropriate for children.

• bformosa922163

June 28, 2016 at 11:34 pm

There are kids classes near me and they also have mums and bubs classes. It’s more focused on the tricks rather than dance moves. I agree, the sensual side of pole isn’t appropriate for kids, but using the pole for doing tricks would be a fun extra curricular activity.

The pole actually was used as an apparatus to teach my nephew to stand and walk. Now he wants to learn how to climb haha.

• PenelopeAnn

June 29, 2016 at 7:34 am

I have two kids classes – Pole Pixies for my littlies (up to 5 years), and Pole Monkeys for the bigger kids (8-10 year olds). They absolutely love it and have a great strength to weight ratio so are able to get a lot of new tricks faster than most of my adults. They particularly love the spins – any spins! Classes can be somewhat chaotic, but I try to keep it as fun (and safety) focussed as possible and I always give them 5 minutes of playtime at the end. Both my sons do pole dancing (one in each class) and it really has been great for them.

• Queenofwands10009677

June 29, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Aww so cutteeee! I wish my mom had been a pole dancer so I could start dancing at 2 years old! Id be a monster by now. This next generation of pole dancers is going to accomplish some insane things.

• bformosa922163

June 29, 2016 at 11:43 pm

As soon as he comes over, he runs straight for my pole room and drags me and his mum with him. It’s very cute. And then reaches his arms up so I can lift him.

When I have kids of my own, classes will definately be on the agenda as long as they want to but my pole will still be up for them to play on. I’d love for them to grow up around pole, hammock and hula hooping.

For now, I’ll enjoy spending the time with my nephew and hopefully when he is a little bit older, he can do some tricks.