StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Leigh Anns dvd

• Poleluver

May 29, 2009 at 11:37 pm

Hi- new here! I am very new to this and am about to get my own pole. I started buying dvds and I have a few, including leigh anns box set. I saw on utube first. I loved the style of it and came to really envy the touch of limberness, I am a huge fan. She does awesome tricks and has a unique hair flip, knee bend hip combo. Also in the dvd has someone else well known that I can’t remember at the moment." miss sexy"? I remember from a utube competition vid,i think. inspires me

• Poledancefan

May 30, 2009 at 3:16 am

Jenna, you are thinking of Alethea. She won the title Miss Sexy at USPDF in New York in 2009. She is awesome on the pole. Her floorwork is UNBELIEVABLE…she’s like a tightly coiled spring rolling and bouncing and twisting all around on the floor. Truly one of the most talented dancers out there.

I will say that Leigh Ann has started responding quite a bit more to her comments on her You-Tube channel. I used to get a little frustrated when she did not respond…I guess I like to spend a lot of time really studying each performance video and it’s always nice to get a little "thank you" from some-one. I looked at my earlier comment and thought maybe I was a bit too negative and harsh. I like to keep it positive…and I know she is a busy business owner…

As for the DVD set, I don’t have it. Well, even if it was light on instruction…she and Alethea are pretty awesome. It would be a pleasure just to watch them dance!

Joel

• Poleluver

July 17, 2009 at 4:57 am

I really wish she’d come out with another recent u tube vid. There was one 2 months ago.

• PoleDanceABCs

July 17, 2009 at 7:13 am

Her BeSpun set is high up on my pole dance DVD wish list… along with Bobbi’s stuff… JK Defies Gravity… Pantera 101…. *dreams* https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_farao.gif

• Castleoutsider

July 22, 2009 at 3:10 pm

haha Joel you do!! but i love it ^^ i get excited when i know i have comments waiting from you =D

and I agree Alethea omg i love her ^^ When I met her i swear i was like so nervous and shaking all over i even told her so. Kinda sad to hear the DVDs blow.. but hey~ Pink kitty if ur still sellin em ill take em off ur hands =D pwease? hehe

I now i TOTALLY want Bobbies dvds also!!! those girls are smokin hot!! totally not fair!!

waaaa i want them all!!!

• water

October 2, 2009 at 1:35 am

bobbi’s set is very good, i can’t say i can do many of the moves, but if you are and intermediat or advance level, you’ll love this set!

• Jazzy

October 2, 2009 at 5:14 am

Wouldn’t it be great if Netflix etc. had these vids for us to watch and return before deciding to purchase?

• water

October 2, 2009 at 1:44 pm

that’ll be super sweet!

• spinnyfox

October 3, 2009 at 5:25 pm

I’ve been wanting the Art Of Pole set, as well. But, is it ALL on spinny mode? I’m not a huge fan of spinny mode, and I’d like to watch of walk through of advanced moves on static (or at least moves that translate the same on static mode). Anybody know this about the Art Of Pole set? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Misty

October 4, 2009 at 11:27 pm

I have Jamilla’s DVDs and they are awesome. I’m in level 7 (of 10) with Aradia in Canada, and I’ve learned things from the first two DVDs. They are very well done, she’s very thorough in her explanations, and repeats the moves so you can work along with her. She shows you how to do moves on both spinning and static, but always on static first. They were well worth the cash.

Good luck!

• pole-twista

October 11, 2009 at 2:38 pm

i have many pole dvds now and the 2 i would recommend to anyone are jamillas series (she is excellent) and vertical dance (w kt) really covers alot of moves and breaks things down well w tips.
    leigh ann and bobbis dvds are more for the experienced pole dancer looking for combo ideas ect.
    pole kats is ok, but i would choose kt vertical dance or art of pole series by jamila over that

Page 3 of 3