StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Lil Mynx coming loose at ceiling

• Lil Mynx coming loose at ceiling

Posted by Lyme Lyte on October 26, 2011 at 12:44 pm

So today I thought I would "tear it up" since I was in a wild mood.  Put on my thigh high black boots, put the Lil Mynx on spin (first time), got going and spun fast —maybe 20 rotations.  Then I danced over to my Xpole, did some moves and when I went back to my Lil Mynx and climbed up it, I realized it was almost off the plastic holder thingy! 

Got a chair, and tightened it up again.  Did only a few rotations…..maybe 5 and rechecked the pole.  It was loose again!  Not as much, because I didn't do as many roatioans.  But I guarentee you, if I was to dance to one whole song, and do a lot of spinning, the pole will come right off the holder.  Any suggestions?  I will make the pole permananet if I have to. 

Lyme Lyte replied 12 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

October 26, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Is the drywall from your celining being eaten away?  I know this is an issue with that mount but unfortunately do not have much info on the spinny mynxs.  I am not quite sure how the spin mode even works on those as you really need a bearing at both the top and bottom.

• Lyme Lyte

October 26, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Drywall is good.  Just reading over the instructions, it appears you need to adjust it PRIOR to putting it on the mount.  But when Kobajo84 put hers up (for my private lesson), she tightened it once she had it up.  Thanks chemgoddess1 for the suggestion though.  I'm sure I will get more feedback. 

• Dancing Paws

October 26, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Call Randy at lilmynx and see if he knows. The is odd…

• chemgoddess1

October 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

The old instructions had you tighten it once it was up, the new instructions say to do it when down.

• chemgoddess1

October 26, 2011 at 5:54 pm

And I agree with calling them….LM is another company that has very good customer service.

• Runemist34

October 26, 2011 at 6:37 pm

For my Lil mynx (it doesn't spin, but I'm pretty rough on it!) I always adjust it before I put it up. There's a technique to putting it up once it's the right height…I generally line up the top as close as I can, and then lift hard, and put the bottom where it should be. I find, the more difficult this is to do, the better! As long as it is still possible to do. When I was on carpet, the feet of the pole actually sank into the carpet, so it was basically flush…once I took it out, those dents stayed there for some time!

But, if you're still having issues, perhaps best to call them. I wouldn't want to see anything bad happen!

• Lyme Lyte

October 26, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Thanks everyone!  Tonight I adjusted it BEFORE putting it up as the directions said (probably should have done this the first time) "smile".  It is up and is not coming loose anymore, but the outer pole is rubbing against the inner tube.  SO, if I don't hear anymore suggestions, I will call them in a few day.