StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Lil Mynx pole on carpet or hard flooring?

• Lil Mynx pole on carpet or hard flooring?

Posted by dancing in the gray on January 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm

So i’ve talked to a bunch of you on pole advice and flooring advice.

For those with a LM pole, have you noticed any difference in stability on carpet versus painted flooring or hardwood? I had planned on painting my concrete, but one person on here had mentioned that she found the non slip pad to shift often.

Thanks!!

islifesodear5019 replied 9 years, 3 months ago 9 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

January 11, 2012 at 2:17 pm

The non slip pad is worthless.  Just use the little rubber feet that are on the bottom of the pole.  I had mine installed on a piece of panelling on top of concrete.  If it is adjusted and installed properly you will not have this problem.

• Lyme Lyte

January 11, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I have found NO difference between my carpet and now on my hardwood (which is painted with a high gloss).  However, I do NOT have one of those pads…..I have the four rubber feet on the bottom of my pole.  I did a forum post a while back on LM on shiney surfaces and wondered if I needed to BUY the little pad thing.  Someone said NO, just used the rubber feet.  I have and it has been totally stable for me.  Just make sure you put it up correctly as in measuring…..follow directions!  🙂

• Lyme Lyte

January 11, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Actually I think it was chemgoddess that gave me that response…..the same one she JUST gave you!  She gave me the right advice…..my pole doesn't move.  But like she said you MUST put it up correctley! 

• dancing in the gray

January 11, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Chem- what do you mean that you had it installed on panelling? I’m putting mine on painted concrete, do you think the little rubber feet will still be enough?

And my brother in law is putting my pole up. He’s a very handy person and does a lot of home improvement, so I trust that it will be done correctly.

Thanks so much ladies! You two especially have been so helpful to me 🙂

• Krista Bocko

January 11, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Well dang! I've been using that rubber pad thing for years on hardwood and i don't NEED to?! 

• Lyme Lyte

January 11, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Sparrow not if u have the feet! Some people dont have the feet (not sure why) so they need to buy the pad.

• dancing in the gray

January 11, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Sparrow, how has your experience been with the pole on hardwood?

• Krista Bocko

January 11, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Yes, on hardwood. Yes, it has the feet! I was following the directions, didn't know that some poles DON'T have the feet. OMG. My life will be easier now. LOL

• Lyme Lyte

January 11, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Well i was confues too until chem clarified for me. Mine works great…keep us posted!

• chemgoddess1

January 11, 2012 at 3:30 pm

https://www.studioveena.com/photos/next/6fa6d2a0-d89e-11df-ab19-12313b090e12

I had a left over piece of panelling that I put over the concrete floor and then ran lights around it.  The panelling was not attached to the floor in any way.  I know that the S Factor studios used to have LM poles on hardwood…I am not sure how they had theirs.  I am not really sure why LM sells that pad "for use on hardwood floors".  I think Veruca and Nymph also have theirs on hardwood without the pad.  Charley used to have a LM.  One lady that I know here in Ohio has her LM mounted OUTSIDE on concrete.  She has a veranda and the pole is in the middle of it!

• nymphdancer

January 11, 2012 at 3:38 pm

mine was always on carpet. Now its under the futon. But it didn't slip a matter of fact I had a heck of a time getting the sucker down.

The ones at S factor are not presure mounted they are perm mounted. Or at least they are in LA and San Fran.

• PixiLouBell

January 11, 2012 at 4:54 pm

mine is on carpet and is super stAble!! these ladies ^^ hav given great feedback! 🙂

• Vdub

January 11, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I had my LM on hardwood flooring for about a year and a half and it didn't slip not once (I used the non-slip pad). 

• dancing in the gray

January 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I don't have the little rubber feet on the bottom of my pole 🙁

Anyone know why it wouldn't come with them?

• dancing in the gray

January 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Nevermind, the rubber feet came in a separate bag!  But they sent the wrong size pole 🙁  BOOOOO

Page 1 of 2