StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Local Studios Working Together?

• hrhlaura

July 23, 2011 at 9:54 am

I'm having the same problem with my old studio I used to co-own re: the bad mouthing . I have since left, but I still refer people to her if tehy are closer. However she definitely goes out of her way to steal my students. What goes around comes around is my moto.

@ Vertical Secrets – very glad some other studios in SA are co-operating – makes life much more fun 🙂

• Vertical Secrets

July 23, 2011 at 11:01 am

@hrhlaura – I know what you mean down here in South Africa.  I moved down here from the States 2 years ago and live in Cape Town.  Openning up a studio down here was a little hectic especially with some other studios that hate to have competition.  That is why I teamed up with another studio down here to give others options of pole studios in the area.  In fact, I am in a pole dance fitness showcase down in here in August with another pole studio.  I take it your in Jozi.

• Charley

July 23, 2011 at 11:15 am

For those who are attending the Midwest Pole Comp – I heard that Collette's seminar is about this very thing.  I'll be in there!

• Mary Ellyn

July 23, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Yes Collettes seminar addresses this and much more. It was very popular at the Pole Convention and she is a wonderful speaker. I am looking forward to this one myself!

• nymphdancer

July 23, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I'm hoping to get to go to Collette's seminar as well, if I get to make the trip working on that now but hopeful enough to have bought tickets for the compition.

• Judy Jovanelly

July 23, 2011 at 1:56 pm

my studio regularly brings in recognized pole folks for workshops, and every time we do, we make a point of inviting the other studios to participate.    do you know that NOT ONE of them, even though the invitation asks for an RSVP,  has ever even replied with a 'no thanks'.   *sigh*

• Dancing Paws

July 23, 2011 at 7:14 pm

There was a certain degree of drama in the bellydance comminity back where I am from, but where I live now, there is a group you can join that puts you on a list of instructors, that has monthly performances, etc. It's a small community. That's what each area needs to be with pole!  Hmmm, I should try that. The pole fitness organization of oregon. WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA! Or the "Pole Organization of Oregon" (POO) HAHAHA! 

Page 2 of 2