StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Looks Like I’ll Be Poling Through Another Pregnancy!

• Looks Like I’ll Be Poling Through Another Pregnancy!

Posted by ORGANIC ANGEL on April 12, 2013 at 8:27 am

I'm very excited! This is our third baby and I feel great! So much energy this time. I had to take this week off of pole b/c of too much overtrainging for my last performance but I wanted to share in case there are other pole mammas out there. This is my second time poling while pregnant and if you have any questions let me know. I listened to my body with the last and will again with this one:)

ORGANIC ANGEL replied 11 years, 5 months ago 27 Members · 56 Replies
  • 56 Replies
  • Saphyre

April 12, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Congratulations!!

• calipolepixie

April 12, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Congrats!

• Saphyre

April 12, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Congratulations!!

• FeeDen

April 12, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Congratulations!

• adAstra

April 12, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Aw, congratulations! I love the cute pregnancy pole videos, I hope you get a chance to make one for your baby. Like a pole-mom baby book LOL

• SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

April 12, 2013 at 7:09 pm

congrats

• gemtwist

April 12, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Congratulations! I'd be really interested in hearing about how it went for you. I'm not pregnant yet, but may be sometime in the next year. Did you pole all the way through your last pregnancy? What advice did your Ob-Gyn give you, if any? Did you lose a lot of core strength after the first pregnancy, and if so, how long did it take to get back to your pre-pregnancy level of fitness? Thanks for any advice you can give me. It's actually been on a lot on my mind lately as my husband and I are talking about our plans for the future.

• PilatesPoleKat

April 13, 2013 at 6:14 am

CONGRATS!

I am 16 weeks pregnant! I personally stopped inverting at 14 weeks. All the extra blood volume circulating made me too dizzy being upside down. I am still climbing & spinning & doing other tricks I have nailed… & not trying anything new. I figure this is a good time to work on transitions, floor work & just working on controlling my overall movement more.

Congrats again! 🙂

• ORGANIC ANGEL

April 13, 2013 at 8:13 am

Thanks ladies!

gemtwist-here was my post partum thread:

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/4f50dbc6-0074-4f5e-ac54-2ce00ac37250

I'll post the pregnancy one in a minute when I find it:)

I did really well. I poled til 30 weeks pregnant inverting, shoulder mounting and all. The only things I held back on were the fan kicks, jade splits( my belly was too low and in the way), and some abdominal work, and craddle spins.

I will post some vids 5 months post partum for ya. I went back 8 weeks post partum and lost five inches that month. I was back handspringing, inverting and shoulder mounting in a month. Everything came back really quickly. I went back to poling 3x a week and did not go to the gym or anything. I did stretch sessions at home in between nursing my baby and all went well.I traveled all year to competitions, showcases and even tried out for the USPDF! (I was in no way ready, but I'm glad I recorded so I could gage how far my progress was each month.)

I feel really great, even on spinny mode! I'm craving only wholesome foods (booooo!) Chocolate, muffins and all of my "go to" foods are not good to me right now. I'm enjoying spicy food.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

April 13, 2013 at 8:19 am

Here are the USPDF ones, clearly not enough enery from feeding every hour, but still a lot of strength gained back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhn8N-2t7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSg_R3xPUdI

One year post partum:):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZevWUg-u7Rc

• gemtwist

April 13, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Organic Angel, thanks for the information! It's definitely good to hear such positive things about poling while pregnant and post-partum. I enjoyed watching your videos, too. Thanks for sharing!

• ORGANIC ANGEL

April 13, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Yes gemtwist, I love being an advocate for pole and pregnancy. Just listen to your body. I still learned new moves too but with a spotter only. I usually felt fine except on spinny-too nauseous! This time is ok though. I would go slow for anyone new in pole but I had started in 2006 so by the time I was pregnant in '11 my body was already conditioned to it.

Just watch your belly and you can always dance if you don't want to do tricks or inverts. My doc was all for it and thought it was a "not tough workout" lol!!! Ha, I did aerial silks and even hot aerial yoga once but I wouldn't recommend that though.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

April 13, 2013 at 6:42 pm

(BTW I think Veena is certainly a big advocate- if she can have four boys and look so hottt, than we all have a chance;))

• ORGANIC ANGEL

April 15, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I feel like I'm cheating b/c this pregnancy feels soooo good! I ran 5 miles yesterday like it was nothing lol. I also felt a little limited flexibility wise last time and I don't feel limited this time. Is there such thing as a full feel good pregnancy? I hope so…does it mean that this time I'm having a boy??? I kinda want a boy b/c I have two girls but I'd be completely happy with another girl too:) If anyone wants to be a bump buddy let me know:) Due around Thanksgiving:)

• PilatesPoleKat

April 15, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I’m due at the end of September & I also have two girls already! This pregnancy is soooo different for me too. We find out the gender tomorrow night! 🙂

Page 1 of 4

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now