StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions May Challenge 2011

• May Challenge 2011

Posted by Runemist34 on May 3, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Hey everyone! Have I missed something? Is there a May challenge this time around, or are we gonna skip it? Since I got my pole back up, I figured I could give it a go!

Mindy4pole replied 13 years, 4 months ago 10 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    May 3, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I just have not had time to think about what to do…I got back home yesterday https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• Runemist34

May 3, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Oh! Hehe, sorry Veena. I didn't know you had gone travelling! The move kind of put me out of the loop. 

Unfortunately there isn't much going on in the month of May. I don't really have any other ideas! Hmmm…

• glitterhips

May 3, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Random ideas – dance in pants, dance to a classical song, make a video with five moves we are still trying to polish? just some ideas 🙂  

• Deesse Jesse

May 3, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Love the classical music idea!! Do want 😉

• Runemist34

May 3, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I like all of those! The Pance Dance would be easy for me, as normally that's how I do things, unless I'm working on the climbing. Classical music would be an interesting challenge for me! I don't know much about it, but I'm always willing to look into new genres! And 5 moves we're still trying to polish? Hmm…I think I could do that 🙂

• bebealles

May 3, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I liked Classic music and the five moves to polish, as Im new on the forum maybe if I give some ideas it would be already done, but I would think of:

– Ask your boyfriend, or one of your parents to choose a song for you. ( that would be funny because my husband has a very peculiar taste for music )

– Dance with a tight dress for some minutes, then alowed to take the dress out. ( Just to see how hard is to dance, spin on them )

-Veena choses one song for all of us, just to see how different styles for the same song.

-Dance to the world cup soccer ( Kinda late for that )

– Try to dance like if we were men, men clothes and men moves.

Well if I come with more ideas I put it here later! =D

• Mindy4pole

May 3, 2011 at 11:03 pm

How about a dance for Mother's day?  At seven months pregnant, this would be one I could DEFINITELY do!  =)

Or maybe for Beltane/May Day, do a fertility dance?  We've already got the dancing around the pole part down.

Also May Day is a pro-labor day in a lot of the world.  I'm not too sure how to do a "power to the workers" dance, but maybe…

Maybe a Cinco de Mayo dance?  There's lots of cool Spanish language music.

I finally have a new camera and would love to participate!

• tarah

May 4, 2011 at 12:15 am

I love mindy4poles idea to do a dance for mother's day!  i have been thinking of making a video for my mom without any sexy stuff in it.  she doesn't know that my pole fitness is really poledancing, too, LOL 🙂

• phoenix kazree

May 4, 2011 at 1:48 am

I'm new to this site so i haven't dona a challenge yet. So I look forward to the May challenge, as it will be my first.

I love the idea of a Mother's Day dance. But, I would like to add that the dance accompanied by your Mother's (or the woman you love the most, who is a mother) favorite song.

So, a dance dedicated to a mother to her favorite song.

• LopsiJulie

May 4, 2011 at 1:57 am

Love Phoenix's idea but I have no "mothers" around me 🙁

How about we pick our mom's fav song and do a dance for them?  Bonus if we can get them to make a cameo appearance.

• phoenix kazree

May 4, 2011 at 2:18 am

To LopsiJulie, I didn't mean have the mother accompany you during the dance. I meant use their favorite song as the music accompaniment. Basically what you said:)

• LopsiJulie

May 4, 2011 at 2:57 am

ahhhh!  Hahaha.. well I still think you should get bonus point if you get your mama dancing with you 🙂  I obviously won't be able to do that bit, but I look forward to seeing other vids with mom's in it!

xxx

• bebealles

May 4, 2011 at 6:41 am

I also dont have a mom to dance or ask her favorite song, but I am a mom myself, so as this is my first challenge I could dance to my favorite song as I never danced it.

It would be a challenge for me because I always think this music is too much for me.

Anyone felt the same? That some music you like a lot is way too much for your dance and keeps "saving the song" for when you are better?

• Veena

Administrator
    May 4, 2011 at 7:30 am

This is what I would like to do for the Challenge https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/4dc05c8a-dba0-4577-ad4e-70970ac37250 I think it would be challenging to see if we could show emotion and be expressive just by recording our feet. This could be done with or without heels, whatever you like. What do you guys think?

• dustbunny

May 4, 2011 at 8:32 am

Kinda like the idea.  I could do that!  I still have never posted a challenge vid here, I keep wanting to and saying this is the month I will start, but I jsut never seem to make the time to come up with something. 

Page 1 of 2