StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Meal Planning Resources…

• Meal Planning Resources…

Posted by aliceBheartless on March 11, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I am finally at a place where I am interested in meal planning, clean eating, and/or potentially an elimination diet. There are many reasons, but mostly convenience and health. However, after looking around online a bit, its been kind of overwhelming, and I thought I would ask the Veeners for suggestions! 

Basically, I am getting to place where I am stopping gypsying around the country all the time, so I have a kitchen and a pantry again! What the what? FINALLY.  Anyways, I have always had some gastric issues, which I am just recently realizing are probably not that normal, but are hard to avoid when eating on the road, especially when I don't know what I am trying to avoid. I really want to figure out what is causing this, so I can stop it for good! I am interested in clean eating in general, and I need to figure out a meal planning resource, because I do not have the knowledge or time to figure it out myself. Additionally, I currently work from home. This has become a problem because I work less than 10 feet from my fridge. Snacking just got real. EFFFFFFFFFFF word.

Any resources you are willing to share will be greatly appreciated! I love learning about these things! And finding healthy eating tips that work for me are priceless. 🙂 Thank you Ladies!

Vdub replied 11 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

March 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Cleand Eating and Oxygen have a lot of 2 week eating plans and CE also has pantry lists so you could make everything in that issue.

• poletrickster

March 11, 2013 at 1:16 pm

First suspect for gastric issues would be gluten and grains.  I would start with eluminating those. As for meal planning it is daunting at first but once you get a good regime it will become second nature. The most invaluable website on nutrition is the Weston A Price foundation. Implementing what I have learned about health and nutrition from that site, has greatly improved my health. Good luck!

• megan12

March 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm

This is about to cross the TMI threshold, but oh well. Haha. For the past couple years I’ve been having a lot of gastric issues. I kept a food journal to try to pinpoint it. It didn’t make sense. Nothing consistently triggered it. I went to my doctor and after explaining my symptoms, the light went on. Periods of intense cramping and diarrhea, stressful situations make symptoms worse, bloating immediately after eating. IBS is really common in young women.

So I don’t eat much bread or pasta or rice. I eat mostly fruit, veggies and meat. Meat is really hard to digest so it seems like it slows things down and helps with bloating. I eat frequent, small meals and a lot more liquid meals like smoothies or protein shakes. I like the south beach diet cookbook.

• aliceBheartless

March 11, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Thanks for the advice ladies! I know that I should probably keep a food journal. That would be a good starting place, and working with some clean eating meal planning is likely also a good starting place. 🙂 

• sassyhips84

March 11, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Im glad I read this. I was looking for the same thing! Once I push this baby out, Ill be a Stay at home mom and will be spending alot of time getting back in shape

• Vdub

March 13, 2013 at 7:52 am

There are a lot of sites online that have healthy, clean recipes.  Once you start collecting them, you can use pepperplate.com to store recipes and do your meal planning.  I'm constantly getting recipes from various sites and pepperplate has been a huge resource in helping me put together my meal plan and my shopping list.  veganmealplanning.com is a meal planning site you may want to check out as well.  Good luck!