StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Menstrual Cups?

• Mechie

September 30, 2012 at 9:23 pm

@Teapartie – Mine shift around too but no leakage. If yours shift and leak, you might want to try the bigger size or a different brand. You just need to find the one that “sealed” the best for your body.

• darling dearest

September 30, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Thanks Mechie! I don't know how much bigger it can get so I'll try a different brand to see if it helps. 🙂

• LillyBilly

October 1, 2012 at 3:36 am

I bought the cup for similar reasons.

I found it hard to get used to , and it leaks a bit. I also stopped using it because I am to lazy to sanitise it. Either way, I never trusted it during practices, so I used regular tampons as well.

If you don't like pads, you can get reusable cotton pads, like these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Menstrual-Color-Cotton-Pads-Pack/dp/B0001ZZJQ4/ref=pd_sim_ba_1

I use similar product that is soled in Israel, and they are really good.

• GiedreB

October 1, 2012 at 3:46 am

I would NEVER use a thing like that. Neither would I use tampons. Anaphylactic shock? No, thank you. I bleed heavily on my period and for 6 days (sorry for TMI). The thought of keeping all the bloody stuff inside me grosses me out. I use Always sanitary pads, I change them, when I need to, and everything's fine. When I saw a product like the Diva cup a while ago, I thought: Seriously? You walk around all day basically with a full soup bowl in your vagina? The most sensitive part of your body?

Whoever I showed it to, was grossed out as well, even my boyfriend 😀

• Milena Stoyanova

October 1, 2012 at 4:01 am

I use the Diva cup since 2007 and I am very happy with it. They are different sizez for women who have not deliver and for woman who have children. It's very practical and easy to use. When it's well positioned, it does not move, but it has to be well positioned, otherwise there is a lickage.

I put the collected blood in my plants and they grow well, I can't tell you:-)

It cost me +/-40 eur, but it' still a cheap solution versus buying the toxic tampons.

I find it very practical especially when I travel, and I do travel often.

Thus, I can highly recommend it!

• SaschaPoles

October 1, 2012 at 8:54 am

I saw this thread in the daily email and HAD to stop by…..It would be just my luck that I'd start wearing one…..a horrible sneeze would dislodge it and Niagara Falls would ensue. It'd probably happen on an important date or during a staff meeting too……I loved reading this thread!! 

• SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

October 1, 2012 at 9:10 am

YOU CANNOT GET TSS from reusable menstrual cups. It's medical grade silicone!!!

October 1, 2012 at 9:43 am

http://www.femininewear.co.uk/ I ordered mine from here. Super amazing service!

• Spinny

October 1, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I use sponge tampons because they are ultra-absorbent and you can still get up to *naughty activities in the bedroom* even at that time of the month. 😉

• Anonyma

October 2, 2012 at 7:11 am

@ spinny 

honestly, doing naughty things in the bedroom with a tampon in there….. i mean… EWW!!  

just do it in the shower! 

• darling dearest

October 2, 2012 at 8:01 am

I’ve only ordered from femininewear once but they were super great and even included some candy in my package. :3

• CD Hussey fka Jivete

October 2, 2012 at 8:15 am

I have a Diva Cup and really like it. I struggled a bit getting it situated correctly, and you definitely have to be okay with getting a little more intimate with yourself, but it's much, much better than tampons.

• upandover

October 3, 2012 at 1:00 am

I like the idea of the diva cup so I bought one years ago, unfortunately for those of us a little more on the more conservative side (if you like it put a ring on it!) it's simply too big to fit in.  good idea but 100% not recommended for virgins.

I am however thinking of trying the sponge things next, I have a love hate relationship with tampons (mostly hate)
    well see how they go over.  

• poledanceromance

October 3, 2012 at 7:28 am

Upandover what fold methods did you try? Im not a virgin but I am anatomically small as many women are so the issue is quite common to virgins and non-virgins alike.

There’s some really good YouTube videos that talk about different folding and insertion and removal methods that are more comfortable. I also like to wet mine with a little water so I don’t get pinchy sensations.

October 3, 2012 at 9:10 am

I would echo what PDR said and definitely look up youtube videos for different folds and see if one those might work. Also could try in the shower to. I have done the water trick before, it does work, I'd just suggest warm water 😛 

Page 2 of 3