StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Menstrual Cups?

• darling dearest

October 3, 2012 at 9:32 am

A dry cup isn't really fun to insert. You can always go ahead and coat it with a bit of water based lubricant to make it easier to insert. This helped me when I first got my cup, it gets easier. 🙂

• themrsvw

October 3, 2012 at 9:51 am

I've used a Diva cup for years and have probably saved hundreds of dollars not buying other products! Also, I feel better knowing I'm not putting all those used pads/tampons in the trash and filling up landfills. 🙂 

• Lyme Lyte

October 3, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Woo Hoo, just got my Diva Cup!  My period just got done last night, but going to go try to get it in!  Excited.

• Lyme Lyte

October 3, 2012 at 8:51 pm

OK, got it in without a problem.  Had it in for about 10 min and it came out pretty easy.  Even had a little residual blood in it!  Can't wait til I get my period again, full blast!

• CapFeb

October 3, 2012 at 8:57 pm

haha, Lyme. "I can't wait until I get my period again." 

Never heard that one before. 

• megan12

October 3, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Lyme! lol, you're so funny.

Never used one. I got an IUD, took care of that pesky period problem. Don't even have them anymore. 🙂

But I wonder if the cups would work with a tilted cervix? I'd consider using one when I get my IUD removed but idk if it'd fit right. Hmmm…

• Lyme Lyte

October 3, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Megan, I am so tipped and GYNE can never find it.  The Diva Cup just goes into the Vagina.  It doesn't need to go way up and  around the cervix.

• sensualdevotions

October 4, 2012 at 7:43 am

I have a small lunette. It is my first cup and while I love the idea of a cup the lunette just drives me crazy at times. Firstly, the 2 heaviest days on my period only give me about 2 1/2 hours between emptying. I constantly have to be watching my clock and worrying about it overflowing. Secondly, it is perfect when it is inserted correctly however when it is not, it is maddening! I don’t like that it isn’t reliable. Sometimes it goes in right other times it does not. And then you have to make trips back to the bathroom to reinsert which can draw attention at work. I wish there were a fool proof way to get it to work correctly all the time. Even though I have problems with my cup, I still use it every month, and I can’t stand the idea of pads or tampons anymore.

Poling with it inserted feels weird. I don’t think the small lunette is the best for me. I can feel that it is there and I think that’s a part of the problem in terms of poling. When I went to the beach with it in I could also feel like pressure, it was uncomfortable.

Maybe I need a firmer cup to prevent the frequent leaks, but at the same time if I can feel the small lunette and its soft, I don’t know how I will feel with a firmer one.

I’m thinking of trying the lady cup. Still looking for one that works perfectly for me.

However I love the fact that I don’t really need to buy so many pads and tampons anymore. (I keep pads for the moments when I just get so frustrated with my cup that I’d shoot it if I had a gun lol) Using cups is better for the environment and your pocket too.

• darling dearest

October 4, 2012 at 8:55 am

Have you considered getting the bigger Lunette? It has a greater capacity and the silicone is a lot more firmer.
    Sometimes when my cup is not inserted far back enough I can feel a sort of pressure, or if my cup is full. I also cut most of the stem off with a pair of scissors so it would fit better, especially if my cervix is particularly low that day.

• SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

October 4, 2012 at 9:13 am

@Mizzgabriell; If your flow is very heavy a Lady Cup is NOT for you,trust me. The holes in it are staggered so both sizes cannot hold that much fluid. I have 2 of them and had to go back and start all over and select a different brand.  I will post again the LJ link for cups. They will have size comparison charts, and pictures of all the different brands, so you can visually see what they look like.

http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/

Also there is a cutting your teeth period with new cup users. I do hope you find something that will work for you. Good Luck! 

• SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

October 4, 2012 at 9:17 am

http://sizecharts.livejournal.com/

Here is a direct link to the size charts and fluid  capacity.

Page 3 of 3