StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Miss Pole Dance Canada—who is coming/sending in stuff?

• MaliciousMynx

August 4, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I wanna go and support my fellow Canadian dancers!!  I'm originally from Kelowna/Vancouver.  I'll be getting back from vacation in Thailand the week that the event is held.  Maybe next year it will work out and I can attend.  Gives me another reason to come home besides seeing friends and family.  Good luck to everyone who competes!

• PJ Piglet Poles

August 4, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Just checking out flights and hotel…. where is everyone staying?  Is it the Best Western DT on Drake St?

Any spots left for Karol's workshop?

Is another thread happening that has this information?

PJ

• reenie aka Mysfit

August 4, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I don't think the details have been released yet for the workshops etc….not fully~~

There is some info on the MPDC website and on the FB page….

Otherwise, Tammy is on Veena now…..her user name is

or email….

mailto:misspoledancecanada@gmail.com

As for accommodations—-

The area around there may be close to the venue, but it isn't a great area….I wouldn't stay in that area….and I live here.

BUT– I would stay with the bigger chains like Best Western, Hyatt Regency, Sharaton etc…

OR—-There are a few of us(me included!!) that would LOVE poling house guests!!!!! Hint! Hint!!!!

Lol…..

• PJ Piglet Poles

August 4, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Thanks Reenie!

The Best Western DT had a decent rate and the Sandman didn't look so bad either; $152.99 per night and $141.00 per night at the Sandman.

I'll look on FB to see what it says about the workshops.

Keep you posted!

• MrsNaughtywed

August 5, 2011 at 10:34 am

@ and @ Awww thanks ladies. No I didn't even make the cut. I had applied for pro only because I was comparing myself to some of the contestants from last year and for some reason I thought I may fit into that category. I don't think mpdc saw my application video until Aug 2nd because they had contacted me about difficulty downloading it. By that time, amateur division was already done and selected. Oh well that's okay. 🙂 It's all a learning experience for me. I don't think my application video was that strong enough. I didn't really 'dance', I just performed some pole tricksto show the gist of what I could do. I didn't want to show too much because I wanted to save some for the stage. It's all a learning experiece. I'm just gonna train even harder and try again next year. 🙂

I had raised over 700$ (all refunded now) in donations to help cover the cost of transportaion for mpdc and what not. I feel honored that there were a lot of people who wanted me there. This just inspires me to try harder for next year. I don't care about winning the title or anything, but just to be a part of that whole pole competition experience would be a dream come true. 🙂

Rumor has it that there's gonna be something in Toronto this fall but I don't think I can give out details just yet. Shhh.. I've already been promised that I'll be performing this fall in Toronto.. stay tuned. 🙂

• Sarahb69

August 5, 2011 at 11:12 am

If it makes you feel any better, MrsNaughtywed, I submitted for the amateur division and when they finally posted all the videos, to my untrained eye, I thought at least half of the ladies should have been considered pro. In which case, I think they now should add a third category, either beginner/rookie or old-timers. Judging by the caliber of the other ladies up for amateur, I'm not good enough for that or the pro category.

Next year, I've heard MPDC will be held in Toronto, so at least it would be more accessible to people like you and I. And if they could add an old-timers category, maybe we could talk Reenie into entering with me, and get her out here! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• MrsNaughtywed

August 5, 2011 at 2:28 pm

@ I thought the same thing when I saw the amateur videos! I'm like.. omg they look pro.. damn I should of went amateur! 🙂

It wasn't like amateur and pro were defined. I guess maybe I should of clairified that before applying.

Yes I heard it's in Toronto next year too so that's exciting!!! Oh and I thought I read that mpdc is being streamed online? So we can all watch it!!!! I can't friggen wait to watch it online. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Jenny99

August 5, 2011 at 8:31 pm

My hubby and I are coming up from Seattle in time for the pro performances. We are staying at Miss, which seems close to the venue. Decent place? I’m hoping to catch a workshop on Sunday before we leave. Would love to meet other Veeners.

• smokinangel

August 6, 2011 at 4:12 am

Couple of questions:

What kind and size of poles does tantra have? 

Are any of the pro video submissions online?  Just watched the amateur… awesome! And would love to see the pros =)

Thanks!

• Jenny99

August 6, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Autocorrect is killing me. We are staying at Moda.

• smokinangel

August 8, 2011 at 5:38 pm

reenie – just sent you a pm!

• reenie aka Mysfit

August 9, 2011 at 12:18 am

Smokinangel~~~Got it……….and replied~~

• distracted

August 31, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Would anyone who lives in the Vancouver area be interested in planning something at a place where everyone can meet and dance their hearts out on the Friday night? 

I'm sure there's a bunch of out-of-town visitors who would love to go out on the Friday.  🙂  And it'd make the after-party on Saturday way more fun if a bunch of us have met each other already.

Page 2 of 2