StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Moves you dont like?

• frenchhornprof

April 6, 2013 at 12:21 am

Spatchcock. Kudos to those who can do it, but it's never looked elegant to me.

• CapFeb

April 6, 2013 at 12:23 am

@Frenchhorndiva I didn't like the way it looked so painful, but then I saw a really nice variation that Felix did that looked a lot more natural and graceful 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GkKETGzLGuc/UAHXEJJCl7I/AAAAAAAAAE8/VRQ__k20fw0/s1600/poledancing_600.jpg   

It's more about middle splits than a strong straddle. And the pole is lower down on the back. 

• azblanco

April 6, 2013 at 12:25 am

never cared for the flatline scorpio too much… love LOVE LOVE regular scorpio though

• CreativityBySteffie

April 6, 2013 at 2:11 am

The CAR (ok,ok maybe its because Im not able to get it) but after I let it go, I starting thinking, that it looks too effortless, like "hey look at me, I can tilt backwards" – Great, just like every kid on the playground. Hehe.. Might be a slight jealousi thing. Never like front hook and back hook. They dont look beautful, but I learned them, because I can use them as transition. And the recently, I've seen people beginning to do the ayesha with feet pointing down, like flexing them, and I dont understand why you should mess up a beautiful line.. 

• Kate O

April 6, 2013 at 9:24 am

Ooh, I love front and back hook! I think they can look really graceful if done well 🙂 I agree about the side climb, I've only seen a couple of people make it look good, Dirdy Birdy springs to mind. But everything looks amazing when she does it 😛

• nymphdancer

April 6, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Iron x. V leg teddy (I love one arm hold variations just not the actual "teddy" do it with pinup legs or piked legs love it), janero, flag.

I love the back hook nothing like flying it down to the ground ending up totally flat with legs bent back then bringing legs out from under you to bridge grind.

• LillyBilly

April 7, 2013 at 12:26 am

Teddy and most strength moves (flags, iron x and such). Unfortunately, strength moves are the easiest for me.

• Kira

April 7, 2013 at 7:29 am

Fonji. It's super impressive but something about it in routines makes me go 'oooh….hmmm…meh' 

Any move that requires a flexed foot – if the move cannot be done without flexing the foot it shouldn't be done at all, no matter how fancy it is imo. Saying that I still flex my foot just climbing lol

I like the side climb! but the one where you have your outside leg on the front of the pole and both legs climb the pole together rather than hooking the inside knee and pulling up…

• LillyBilly

April 7, 2013 at 7:42 am

By the way, my teacher has a very pretty side climb. But she makes everything look pretty 🙂

• prettypuff1

April 7, 2013 at 8:03 am

Something about the side climb looks like your hoisting yourself up

• QueenJewell

April 7, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Ladies! I love all the moves 🙂 Lol

• AriFerrari

April 7, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I agree with those of you who said they dislike the V legged variation of the teddy. Also, the V sit. While I realize this is taught as a foundational move by a lot of instructors and I can do it/practice it myself, I just think both of these moves bring a little too much attention to the crotch! lol. Especially teddy, where you grab your inner thighs like your basically "pointing" to it! Just not an artistic/stylistic preference of mine.

Another move I don't find visually appealing: Remi Sit. I've never actually tried it. I know everyone says it's hard/painful and I'm def one of those dancers who love to torture themselves with moves like this, but I just don't think it looks good enough to bother with. LOL.

• Dancing Paws

April 7, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Spatchcock. It just looks so freaky. The ONLY reason I want to be flexible enough to do it is to freak people out.

Straddle teddy – just unladylike. Close the legs and it's ok.

Personally, any move that puts the head as the first thing that will hit the ground: iguana, bow and arrow

I sorta think the regular marley looks silly, but the hands free variation (bird) is ok (I do that one.)

Rocketman looks silly, but I understand it is in intermediate to a yogini and roketwoman, so yeah…

• prettypuff1

April 7, 2013 at 9:26 pm

that rocketman isnt a favorite.. but i like the yogini so i am working on it.. i suppose

• Dancing Paws

April 7, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I totally forgot to add the WRIST SIT! I personally find that it irritates my wrists, so I opt for the straddle back version with hands up and body horizontal. The wrist sit is just not secure with sweaty hands…

Page 2 of 9

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now