StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Moves you dont like?

• CreativityBySteffie

May 1, 2013 at 12:16 am

Im not a newbie anymore, but this thread is actually making me feel good! There's a lot of moves on here,like side climb and such, that I eally adore, and I dont feel discuaged by others not liking the move. Actually, this whole thread, has got me thinking.There's quite some moves out there, that either I simply dont like, or just does not speak to me. However, I've always felt a need to learn everything and whenever the time comes to learn a move,I dont feel so passionate about, I dont look forward to practice. I think I should let myself choose more. Unless its an important transition move and I dislike it, Im gonna move on to the next one, from now on! 😀

• korinne

May 1, 2013 at 3:14 am

@JelliCrew- I believe a fair number of polers have actually pooped glitter at one point or another! With the amount of glitter that goes into some routines/costumes… It gets everywhere. I do know someone who has admitted to it… 😛

• rachaelmercer

January 7, 2014 at 1:16 pm

i detest the car layback..but i love one leg inverted crux which to me looks like an upside version of car or maybe that just me lifting my pelvis higher than normal cause it makes me feel like a bird… I also don’t care for teddy much but yogini is one of my favorite moves..not that i don’t like the way any of these look they just aren’t fun for me to do…yet.

• KristaCNH

July 2, 2014 at 8:14 am

I think I’ve always been drawn to big pretty moves… and then neglect the necessary intermediate transition type moves. Also… I know it’s a great thing & everyone does it ad infinitum, but the brass monkey… I just … it does not appeal to me. : )

• Phoenix Hunter

July 3, 2014 at 11:36 pm

lately I have been hating on the brass monkey too! haha! maybe it’s because I’m having such a hard time getting it. but the other day , I was thinking, God! that moves doesn’t even look pretty! it just looks stupid. stupid brass monkey. but I bet when I get it I will think its the most gorgeous move ever. haha!

• PolarGirl

July 4, 2014 at 11:58 pm

I agree with some of the above hated moves, but gosh I really adore the teddy. I think it is such an impressive move high on the pole with no hands. I think the straddle really draws attention to the legs, and I don’t really think about the vagina if someone is wearing clothes.

I also like the remi sit but maybe that’s only because I am new to pole and somehow find the remi seat to be pretty painless compared to other moves that don’t seem to really bother other people, pain-wise. Gosh, I’m just learning Scorpio for example, and it is SO painful for me so far.

• grayeyes

July 5, 2014 at 8:38 pm

This thread is so interesting because of our different points of view. Seems not too many people are fans of spatchcock and I love it. I can’t do it and doubt I ever will but I think it’s beautiful when Felix Cane does it.

I was also surprised by flatline scorpio–when I first started reading the thread I was wearing a T-shirt with a silhouette of flatline scorpio on it!

I can appreciate the athleticism of pretty much everything but I agree that yogini looks goofy.

• Violette mysteries

July 6, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I hate side climbs too … I can do them but really hate them

• KristaCNH

July 7, 2014 at 6:08 am

Was just looking at this again … and I’m sure someone has already mentioned it, but moves are different depending on who is doing them of course 🙂 Some bodies are suited to some moves etc. I also love the spatchcock Grayeyes, especially when it’s done well!

• Polefit Korea

July 7, 2014 at 10:23 am

Flag invert.

• Charley

July 11, 2014 at 11:27 am

Every time I don’t like a move I end up seeing someone I do like it on. Like I hate that lizard/dragon whatever it is that Charlee does on most people but I love it on her. I don’t like yogi I but love it on Jenyne. I don’t live wrist sit but love it on Jamila, lol. So anyway I doubt there is a move I don’t like but there are lots of moves that aren’t right for everyone.

• CrazyKosters

October 5, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Yeah, makes me want to go do all these “Dirty” moves and make a dirty girl montage 😉

I personally love a lot of these moves even though some i can’t do and some i can but don’t use it in dances. I just like to be able to do stuff just because lol. I personally like all the sexy moves like teddy, wavy legs, booty scoot, wrist sit etc.. I agree though, there is a trashy way and a tasteful way to execute most. Also wardrobe plays a big part 😉

If I wanna feel strippery and dance like that, then I do. If I am feeling artsy fartsy i will try that. My tastes and styles change depending on my mood and I find some moves not very pretty depending on who is doing it. But I generally like all moves and they all require skill to execute well so yeah… To each their own!

• CrazyKosters

October 5, 2014 at 5:39 pm

And Platinumani, you said it perfect! Took the words right out of my head. Not empowering at all to hear the way some people are describing moves..seriously. Makes me want to rebel!! lmao

• PlatinumAni

October 5, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I am in for a montage. We can Skype and one of us can email some clips, receiver makes 1 bad ass dirty move montage. 😉

• CrazyKosters

October 5, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Yes!!

Page 9 of 9

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now