StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Multiple challenges at a time?

• Multiple challenges at a time?

Posted by Beccaf87 on April 27, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I just got back from vacation and need to get back into a good workout routine. There are a couple of challenges I really want to do but don’t want to overdue it. I think the ones I have picked shouldn’t be too much. I want to do the Veena 30 Day Ab Challenge, 30 Days to Flexy, and possibly 30 Day Plank Challenge (though the last one isn’t as important). Regular poling would also be included. The problem is that the “rest” days don’t line up for all the challenges so I am not sure if I can take less “rest” periods from one and more from another or how to go about doing that. Should I try to line them up the best I can? Or have a pick the one with most rest days and work around that schedule?

Has anyone done multiple challenges at a time? Or is this similar to adding a single challenge to a normally worked out weekly schedule?

Beccaf87 replied 9 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Runemist34

April 27, 2015 at 5:20 pm

I think that you can adjust them a bit to get the rest days to all go together. I know someone else was asking about doing the 30 day Takeoff and the 30 days to Flexy at the same time, and Veena said that you can just change things up a bit and get the rest days to all fit together.
    I’m sure adjusting the Ab challenge wouldn’t be too hard!

• Rachel Osborne

April 27, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I do multiple challenges, have done it for several months – and it’s very hard! One month I had 3 different yoga poses challenges and 3 different pole tricks every day. Plus poling practice and classes….this month I’m only doing one daily pole and one daily yoga challenge, (plus pole, plus yoga classes, plus rehearsals for a showcase solo)

I am now over trained, injured and exhausted. But I am 44, and on my feet all day… You might be ok. Just take rest days seriously. Book in at least one TOTAL rest day a week and always warm up/down and listen to your body. Don’t push it for the sake of a challenge. If rest days don’t line up, rejig the challenges so they do, or extend the time so take 6 weeks not 4 weeks to work through them? Good luck !

• Beccaf87

April 27, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Yeah I do remember someone asking about that. The Flexy challenge has the most rest days, followed by Abs, and then plank. If I remember correctly, I think she said it would just take a bit longer than 30 days. Which isn’t so bad.

• Beccaf87

April 27, 2015 at 5:31 pm

I hope with this challenges its not too much. If so I can stop. I think it should be OK since Abs/plank would be my strength part of my workout and the flexy would be the warm up plus stretching part of workout. I guess I can always adjust things and take parts out if it is too much. I feel this would give me a good guideline of creating a workout plan though.

• Veena

Administrator
    April 27, 2015 at 8:17 pm

If it’s a plank challenge where you add more planks or time holding planks everyday I’d skip that one.

The 30 ab challenge is designed to help you gain strength while giving you the proper recovery time (unlike othe daily challenges) You should be able to incorporate that easily into the 30 days to flexibility, which is a guide not a challenge. 😊

• Beccaf87

April 28, 2015 at 7:12 am

Thanks Veena!