StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions NOT built to pole

• dustbunny

February 5, 2014 at 11:30 am

Wow she is so strong, graceful, and flexy!

• Polebull

February 5, 2014 at 11:47 am

That was amazing and so inspirational, thanks for sharing poledanceromance!

• AlphaKilo

February 5, 2014 at 12:24 pm

@poledancerromace thank you for sharing that video. Truly a inspirational video. I tell all my girlfriends who want to try it to do so no matter what their shape, size or age is. I even go with them to the introductory class for support.

• BonnieAndClyde

February 5, 2014 at 1:21 pm

So happy to see other women in their 40’s (Sieria and Greyeyes!) are poling! I will be 42 in April and have been poling for almost 3 years. I LOVE IT! My husband bought me my first month of lessons and I never stopped. Serenkke I have a feeling your husband will come around when he sees you in a sexy position on the pole! Greyeyes< so glad your husband came around to appreciate what has become an important part of your life. My husband told me after 3 years of showing him tricks, he doesn't want to see any more tricks, he wants a routine!! so a routine is what I am finally working on! If he wants a show, he will get one!!lol Have fun and keep poling.

• JoleneBell

February 5, 2014 at 1:55 pm

This is an encouraging thread! Thanks everyone!

• Legs4Days

February 5, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I feel as tho I am “stuck” becuz of my inability to invert just yet. Dont most if not all tricks start from the basic invert? Ugh….Ill keep trying tho.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 5, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Everyone should also remember that pole dancing doesn’t have to be all about inverts and tricks. Very lovely pole dance performances, and for me, some of the most fulling dance’s didn’t include inverts or any fancy tricks. 🙂

• poledanceromance

February 5, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Amen to that. ^^^

• polergirl

February 6, 2014 at 8:58 am

My very favorite dances are almost always trick-free or very slim on tricks. Give me some good DANCING, tricks or no tricks, any day.

PS – I’m almost 43, not long and lean, terribly short arms with long torso, not flexy, and I still manage to be pretty good up ther….. AND more importantly I have a great time on the pole/dance floor. 😉

• calipolepixie

February 6, 2014 at 11:54 am

If you love pole that’s all that matters. Don’t be so hard on yourself enjoy this journey, YOUR journey because although each journey is different, they are all equally great.

I too am a “slower” learner but after 3 1/2 years of poling, I recently realized that at the end of the day, it all comes down to I’m doing what I love, it makes me happy and I just let the progress come when it does and no longer press myself to be perfect or get a new move on the 1st or even 200th try (ahem, talking to you caterpillar & Ayesha).

Enjoy the journey…even if it’s a long one with twisty roads & lots of uphill terrain 🙂

• blueyedgrl

February 7, 2014 at 4:19 am

I too felt like you when I first started poling. When I first started poling I couldn’t pole climb/ basic stuff everyone else in class had already. My profile pic is my greatest accomplishment I achieved in November. So it IS possible to get there with regular practice. Sadly I’ve had some bad things happen in the last 2 months that have drained my enthusiasm to pole at home and go to class. Also I know I will be frustrated when I do pole again since I’ve probably lost strength so I’ll be feeling like I’m starting over 🙁

• ktazmania12517321

February 7, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Hello all! I’m a 37 Mexican lady who just started practicing pole, I love it, but I know I’m not that godo as the Other girls in my class, actually I’ve having trouble with my inverts ‘cuz I’m lefthanded and everybody does everything the normal style, and I can’t grip the pole propely with my forearm I try and try And I know I will make it (eventually). But I will apreciate some advises please.

• ktazmania12517321

February 7, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Sorry I made a mistake, it is not forearm, I mean armpit, ( I’m not that good at English either)

• Veena

Administrator
    February 7, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Hi Ktazmania, it’s best to work on learning all pole moves on both sides of the body, left and right. You are not the only one who inverts on the left also the method is the same for inverting on the left as it is on the right. If your teacher allows, try working on both sides. 🙂

• Youngs7

February 8, 2014 at 12:55 am

I consider myself slow as well so please do not think that you’re alone. It is taking me forever to climb the pole without being exhausted. I try to watch the videos and most of the girls on here makes it look so simple and easy but some of us just have to try harder and it takes a little longer that’s all. I believe practice makes perfect which watching the videos gives me motivation to know that one day the struggle will pass and then it will be on to the struggle of the new move…. and so on :). Although it’s taking a little longer to grasp that new move, I can say that it is better than not poling at all. My mind is at peace whenever I am practicing poling. 🙂 Thank goodness for the pole.

Page 3 of 4