StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Name Your Pole

• Bendy Bella

November 11, 2014 at 12:46 pm

So after giving it some thought, my pole’s new name is WANDA!

I chose Wanda because I like to think of my pole as a special device/superhero accessory or a “metal wand” that gives me superpowers of flexibility, strength, endurance and agility.

• I polekat I

November 12, 2014 at 5:18 am

haha this is so cool!! my home pole doesnt have a name yet but i think it deserves one…still waiting for the perfect name to reveal itself! i have named all the houses i have lived in, and my car =)

we have one pole set permanently on spinny at my studio and its nicknamed ‘the death pole’ hahahaaaha !!!!

• Later

November 15, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Bob hartley

• dustbunny

November 15, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I have 2 45 mm chrome poles in my living room and neither have a name. I have wanted to, but can’t think of anything that I feel is suitable.

• chitowngal

November 16, 2014 at 8:42 am

Love this thread and it really made me think. I had never considered whether my pole was male or female, but all my associations were of strong, goddesslike women.

So, I just named my 50mm TG pole: Cleopatra.

Mysterious (can’t figure her out sometimes) regal goddess who is loved and sometimes feared (sums up my feelings perfectly).

• SueSnider

November 16, 2014 at 7:04 pm

The studio’s 50mm I call Big Bertha, a student named the studio’s 45mm chrome pole Slutty Betty, and the X-stage is named Drogo. 🙂

• AllysonKendal

November 16, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Ohhh I love Cleopatra!
    In the same vein, I’m considering Freyja ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freyja )
    But I’m not sure if my pole is male or female. I’d kind of like a name that is more genderless. HMmmM.

• GlitterSteph

November 16, 2014 at 10:07 pm

My 1st pole teaCher said to name it something good so you “always wanna be up on it!” So mine is named Hugh. After Hugh Jackman! Because I always wanna be on top of him! Lol. People know that’s my pole name so sometimes my posts on Facebook are like this “Hugh and I had a rough day today.. he gabe me bruises *sigh*” lol but everyone knows what he is ♡

• I polekat I

November 17, 2014 at 3:19 am

haaaaaha i totally forgot my pole already has a name =P i was telling my boyf about this thread and he laughed and reminded me ages ago we nicknamed it Girth ! (like Garth, but funnier…) its a chunky 50mm hehe and this was when i was struggling loads with grip aahahaaa, so there u have it =P

• dustbunny

November 17, 2014 at 10:30 am

So this thread has really got me thinking about names. For one of my poles I wanted a strong powerful female name and I came up with Boudicca (pronounced Bo-di-see-a). A strong fierce female warrior from what is now the UK. She brought together the waring tribes to push back the Roman invasion. Although she was eventually defeated, I admire her strength and determination, 2 qualities that are needed in this sport.
    For my second pole I think I want something softer yet still powerful. I hadn’t decided yet but maybe one of the Greek or Roman goddesses. A name that inspires the softer flow, maybe the more feminine sexy side of my dance. More research is required…

• iani

November 21, 2014 at 8:18 am

My pole is called Paul. It started cause someone asked me for weekend plans and I said “gonna do pole the whole weekend”, and that person asked “who’s this Paul??? What about your boyfriend???”. I love it

• AllysonKendal

December 29, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Ok. I *think* I decided…
    I’ve been calling my pole Halo (or “my halo”). 👼😇💫
    It’s gold and shiny and round and gives me wings.

anyone else have a new name for their beloved?

• Aquarian Air

December 30, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I named my lovely Missy one day without thinking so I decided Missy it is 🙂

• flyingchiro

December 30, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Am about to get my first pole. Thinking Harley would be a good name. 😉

• Kay Rae

December 30, 2014 at 3:12 pm

My Precious… had to lol

Page 6 of 6