StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Name that Move!

• Name that Move!

Posted by Runemist34 on January 10, 2011 at 9:21 am

Time to play another game of "Name that Pole Move!"

Okay…um, I'm sorry, I don't have a picture or video of it. Obviously, I also don't have a name… 😛

I asked about this a LONG time ago before I went on hiatus, and people told me it was a member of our community who actually made it up! 

It's a spin…and you kinda start with a Half spin (which I call a swing dip) and then there's some turning, and some prettiness, and then you end up in the splits! :O

So, that was a GREAT description, wasn't it? I remember that, at some point just after the half spin, you hook your elbow on the pole. 

I have literally searched back to LAST January to see if I can find my old thread, but I must have put it under an odd name or something.

The second part to my post? I want to learn this move. If there are any tutorials, or anything (I'm serious anything!) for tips you can give me, I would be forever grateful!

Also, sorry I'm so non-specific. It's way back in my memory…and I just woke up 😛

HollySatine replied 13 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • polergirl

January 10, 2011 at 9:32 am

Sounds like the Roxy to me….?

Here's a Karol vid — the Roxy is the first thing she does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRn3VsG248Y

• EVamp83

January 10, 2011 at 1:01 pm
  • reenie aka Mysfit

January 10, 2011 at 1:41 pm

We have been teased with a tutorial a few times for the roxy spin, but I don't recall ever coming across it……

Did I miss it somewhere???

I love that spin!!

• Runemist34

January 10, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Thanks guys! I kept thinking "Oh man, no one's gonna know what I'm talking about!" but you did 🙂

And argh, we need to have a tutorial on that one 😛 Maybe, if one day I actually figure out how to do that move…I'll post my own tutorial. HAH.

Thanks so much!

• HollySatine

January 11, 2011 at 12:48 am

Veena does a beautiful one in this video (@ 0:16) and she does it slowly enough that you may be able to follow it and teach yourself without a tutorial:

https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/6cebf0de-b893-11df-856f-001b214581be

It looks like she starts the spin with her back to the pole and her left elbow hooking the pole as she puts her right hand lower down to grab behind her.  She then leans forward into the spin as she swoops out her back left leg (on the same side of her body as the arm hooking the pole).  She then bends her right leg slightly so that it also hooks around the pole and is no longer on the ground.  She straightens out the hooked arm (it's still contacting the pole) and as she does that her other hand (the one gripping down lower on the pole) lets go.  As she slides down in the spin the arm that was hooking the pole (which seems to remain in contact with the pole at all times) reaches up to grab higher and stabilize her as she approaches the floor.

points of contact: inner elbow of left arm, back, right side, inner right thigh, outer right calf

hope that helps!