StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Need motivation

• Need motivation

Posted by mrsdmayo4298 on December 13, 2015 at 9:35 pm

A brought my pole and started some lessons when not long in I had a injury , started the 30 day programme but lost all motivation and finding it hard to find my motivation to get back into my pole or any kind of exercise , can I learn what I need from this monthly membership or do I need to go to classes ??

mrsdmayo4298 replied 8 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Runemist34

December 13, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Hey there!
    I’ve noticed that a lot of people find a lot of benefit from going to classes in person, as they are a way of being held accountable- you go, even though you don’t really want to, and often end up having a really good time anyways.
    And, this is the plight of “motivation.” Motivation, as a thing that applies to any hobby or activity, is an emotion. It’s not going to obey you, and it’s not something you can have every single time you look to do that activity. It’s something that is a bonus, the icing on the cake, that gives you a little extra energy, and helps you come to the activity with excitement, even if you aren’t doing anything exciting.
    However, it’s not something to rely on when you want to pick up something as a hobby, especially exercise. Exercise is served best consistently, it’s something that we benefit from when done often. You need to put in the hours. This is also true of most creative hobbies, but most people aren’t looking to get strong or “lose weight” with a guitar. These results you will see from putting in the hours, and making sure you put them in.

So, even when you don’t want to get on the pole, if it’s time to get on it, just get ON it. Put your pole clothes on and do some things you like. Put on a song you’ve been jamming to lately and just move your body, however awkwardly, to it. Get sexy, or sporty, or rough- whatever you are looking for that day. Do it, because the hours you put in when you don’t want to are the ones that will pay off the most.
    And, chances are, you’ll come away from it happy, or at the very least, proud that you fought your way through and finished it when you said you would. You’re making a promise to yourself, and then you’re keeping it.
    No more racing driver’s excuses, no more listening to the emotional self (which, more often than not, just wants to rest or cry or watch cat videos, or whatever else), and get on that pole. Work it. Say good things to yourself about your working it. Tell yourself that sometimes it’s okay to be gentle if you’re getting tired early, or that you don’t ALWAYS have to work on the toughest moves. Work it because you know you want to, because your long-term goals are greater than short-term gratification. Work it because you said you would.

And yes, I’ve found the lessons on here to be more than sufficient for learning pole dancing 😉

• bformosa922163

December 14, 2015 at 12:11 am

Hey there, I know the feeling!. I’ve lost motivation to lately. And most of the time its due Pms (last month I had it bad)… The hardest part is starting again. I notice I cash regain my motivation after talking myself into doing at least one type exercise, even if it’s doing 1 set of 12 squats.

Because sometimes I tell myself that I have to complete a hard core workout for the day, it puts me off and stops me from doing any exercise at all… Another motivator for me is putting some music on and don’t some house cleaning (the music helps with moving your body to rhythm).

Hope this helps.

• Veena

Administrator
    December 14, 2015 at 1:09 am

The lessons here offer everything you need and more! Some people like having the goal of getting to a studio and that motivates them. Even studio goers keep the lessons because they can come back anytime and get the breakdown of moves.

Winter and the holiday season is so notorious for feeling down or unmotivated. Try these tips to see if you can get moving again! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7kvzZndaick

• mrsdmayo4298

December 14, 2015 at 7:23 am

Thank u for all your replies with advise and motivation this really helped me I really appreciate your responses , I am aiming to do 2 classes a month and to continue with my studio membership, hopefully going to a class tonight just waiting confirmation fingers crossed I can go to a class tonight