StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New batch of X-poles slippery!

• New batch of X-poles slippery!

Posted by blondebird on January 8, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I’ve had my x-pole pole in chrome for 9 months now and it’s still slippery! My other chrome x-pole which I got 5 years ago wasn’t as bad as this! Are they made differently? Anyone else got this problem? Thank you

Nadia X Pole replied 10 years, 9 months ago 23 Members · 44 Replies
  • 44 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    January 8, 2014 at 8:36 pm

It’s interesting you feel that way!! I feel the same way about the new (chrome) xpoles. My old chromes from 5-6 yrs ago are fine. In fact I didn’t mind using chrome back then. The new xpoles however, I can’t get it to not feel slick!

• blondebird

January 8, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Oh no, what do you think we could do to make it more grippy? My older one was not as bad as this!

• mesevers5811

January 8, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I’ve had my x-pole chrome for 5 months and I slip ‘n slide. I tried steaming it, but only had grip for 10 minutes. I’m really glad you brought this up!

• blondebird

January 8, 2014 at 9:51 pm

I’ve steamed mine a few times too, still not solved the problem.

• jesikah6

January 9, 2014 at 3:39 am

With any luck, the XPole rep that monitors these boards will chime in and help you (and Veena) out. Crossing my fingers for you and anyone else in this position.

• Dancing Paws

January 9, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Mine is mega slippery too. The old school x pole I had was not that slick. It’s so weird. Chrome has become my least favorite.

• Krista Bocko

January 9, 2014 at 1:33 pm

when did this start? I’ve been on 4 x poles 1.5 years old or less and never had an issue. My pole is 1.5 years old.

• Kobajo84

January 9, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I’ve never noticed this. I have always used xpoles and even have them in my studio in chrome. I also don’t have to use grip aids ever- my hands are naturally grippy. I’m interested in seeing what the xpole rep has to say. Maybe there was a change in the process during manufacturing?

• Cherished

January 9, 2014 at 3:38 pm

You guys should each send Xpole a message to let them know.

• CrazyKosters

January 9, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I’ve had my xpole TG since March 2013 and it is also slippery. IT feels like it sweats. Some days are better then others but it is generally to slippy for my liking. I’ll wipe it down and myself and 15 seconds later it’s like it has condensation but not like a glass of ice water if you know what I mean. I don’t think it’s the humidity in the room but probably has something to do with it. It’s hard to put together a routine or dance through a whole song when u have to wipe it down constantly.

• Saphyre

January 9, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

• Lyme Lyte

January 9, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Well damn…..I am finally putting up my chrome xpole next week. I will say that if the thing is slick, I will take sand paper to it like I did my Other chrome……… That helped a ton!

• adAstra

January 9, 2014 at 8:57 pm

@Kobajo I am officially jealous of your hands 🙂 @Lyme, yay!

• Palace

January 9, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I bought my x-pole used but it is one of the newer top loading ones and I can barely do anything on it. It is truly so frustrating. I found tonight that using shaving gel helped alot but the product that works is different every time….just shaking my head. I’m thinking about selling it but only to someone in warmer climate because it works so much better in the summer, not that its great then either. I’ll buy something smaller and grippier, I think.

• X Pole Tech

January 10, 2014 at 3:31 am

X-Pole is continually improving its product mechanics however processes such as Chroming have not change for several years.

The only process that affects the surface that has changed is the polishing which was improved at the end of last year when we introduced a new purpose built machine but this has improved the grip and we have had many comments on how much more grip the latest Chrome poles have.

Any pole that is ‘sweating’ there are others factors involved which are not pole surface related – Aircon, temperature, humidity etc.

Getting the pole clean is a key. Steam mainly gets surface dirt off. One suggestion is to try cleaning your pole with X-Pole’s new Cleaner, X-Clean, which has been specially formulated to remove all grime and oils and this really gets rid of any surface dirt/oils/grips and ensures an ultra-clean finish.

During testing in the UK we also found that it improved overall grip as well. X-Clean is currently only available in the USA (Europe within the next few months) so those in the USA please contact the US office.

Blond Bird please contact the UK office 0208 449 4400 and ask for the Tech team (Paul or Jon) who will assist. Or email on support@verticallesiure.com. Please advise where is the UK you are

X-Pole Tech Team

PS Palace – if you have just bought a Top Loading Pole (i.e. Top Loading = the expanding screw adjuster is close to the ceiling) it is a fake!!! X-Pole have not produced top loading poles for 4 years!! Sorry to be the bearers of bad news.

Page 1 of 3

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now