StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Newbie Dancer

• Bob Zamora

September 28, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Hey Mary Ellyn! Good to see you here. @miamishyner: Awesome. I hope we get to meet sometime. I dance ever spring in the TranZenDance open house and some of my friends dance at the Tease Showcases. I like Leslie Leesi's studio too.

@MichellH: Belive it or not one of the hardest moves for me to learn was demi or half pint. I always ended up with my face in the pole. The hardest move and the one that has hurt my male parts have been splay turns. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif I really have to be careful to lock out because a miss really hurts. Guys also have to be really sure to have "everything" on one side or the other doing Superman and some of the dismounts from inversions that put you in a plank. My favorite moves go through pike and playing with different ways to get into jade. Carol Helms inspired me to learn sideways climbs and even though they kill the back of my legs I love the stuff you can do out of them.

• Bob Zamora

September 28, 2011 at 11:42 pm

@CalBear: I agree. Ballet is really hard. I have so much more respect for ballet dancers now that I am learning. They make it look so easy and it takes hundreds of times doing the same move to get it to look half way right! Ballet music inspires me to dance just as much as Seether, Mazzy Star or some of my other favorites. I totally LOVE Elena Gibson's dance!

Page 2 of 2