StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Non-stripping pole entertainment venues?? Do such places exist?

• Non-stripping pole entertainment venues?? Do such places exist?

Posted by ERIN6907 on January 8, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Was just thinking today how cool it would be to find a place that had pole dancing (not stripping) as entertainment on a regular basis. I mentioned it to one of my male friends that frequent the stip joints and he very quickly replied “there is no such place!” I’ve checked in my area (Twin Cities) and found nothing. Is there such a place anywhere??

Anya123 replied 10 years, 9 months ago 7 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

January 8, 2014 at 2:26 pm

The closest I have come is some of the places that regularly hold burlesque shows.

• CrazyKosters

January 8, 2014 at 3:29 pm

This is something me and my husband have talked about opening. Not just pole dancing but different kinds of shows and dancing as well. Family friendly until a certain time like some bars do. With a full bar, restaurant, tv’s, pool tables, etc… something like a sports/entertainment bar, female friendly, and a little classy lol. That’s what I want to open up.

• StephiiP

January 8, 2014 at 3:39 pm

I support this idea =)

• ERIN6907

January 8, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Would love to perform but not necessarily compete. I think the general public would be so amazed by it too. That could be the pole dancer in me talking though..lol Why haven’t one of us super awesome pole ladies started this yet?!? Hmmmm….

• chemgoddess1

January 8, 2014 at 3:51 pm

It comes down to money. Most performers rely on tips, so how would these people get paid?

If you want that on stage feeling check out many of the showcases that happen locally or even the big ones during Midwest and the Michigan pole fest.

• Anya123

January 8, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Most people have NO IDEA that pole dancing can just be a hobby and can be sports like. It would be a shame if there were disrespectful guys that were shouting take it off! Or threw money at a dancer. How would you show that it was JUST dancing? I know guys will look at a girl in a skimpy outfit and think dirty esp dancing on a pole I would personally just be so uncomfortable dancing in that setting with random guys that are ignorant to the other world of pole dancing and think all pole dancing is stripping and sexual. I saw a video of nicole Williams dancing at a jazz club or something and people threw money. Also someone on this site posted a video I forgot who but she was dancing at a bar type place and people threw money at her and she wondered why people threw money at her.. It was really really sad to me to see that.

• ERIN6907

January 8, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I agree, it WOULD be a shame, and would more than likely happen. I am reminded of a quote I read on Diana Boyle’s blog once… she stated: “An inability to watch a display of athleticism, strength, flexibility and sensuality without perceiving the dancer as an object is THEIR problem, not the dancers.”
    LOVE THAT QUOTE!!! Can’t spend our lives caring what everyone else thinks… AMEN.

• Anya123

January 8, 2014 at 4:34 pm

That’s a nice quote and we shouldn’t care what people think but the guys that would go in there probably wouldn’t appreciate it in the right way you said people would be amazed but if I were ignorant to “appropriate pole dancing” I wouldn’t take my family there or if I was a guy I would think cool pole dancing hot girls and there would be drinking like crazykosters said, it would probably be very distasteful.

• Isis Kane

January 8, 2014 at 4:37 pm

There will be more places like that in the future…I’m very sure of it. Either be patient, or start your own. I am still learning so much with pole, but I have dreams of making it into a career, and changing the game.

If you focus on how others will perceive it and worry about them degrading the art, you won’t really get anywhere. Every establishment has their own rules and regulations. If you give patrons an overview of what your establishment is about, and what kind of behavior is acceptable, it empowers you to create the type of environment and vision YOU want to see in the world.

Some men are kicked out of strip clubs for touching exotic dancers-why would it be any different to kick them out for harassing or throwing money at exotic dancers in a non-strip club environment?

• Anya123

January 8, 2014 at 4:48 pm

@gataagressiva exactly. I was stating facts. I even thought there was no such thing at pole dancing just as a hobby! I thought it was all stripping until I started looking on youtube and saw that people do it for fun.no one will know unless they are told directly or figure it out themselves. I didn’t say it was impossible and I gave an open question of how you would change that stereotype through that setting. I was merely describing some of the difficulties that would arise if anyone attempted to create such a place. How would you give an “overview” to coustomers or men that want to watch? How would any of you change someone’s view of it? That’s what I’m very interested in knowing.

• korinne

January 8, 2014 at 4:51 pm

There are a couple places (restaurants, bars, small concert venues) in St. Louis that host pole as entertainment where performers have well put together acts and no stripping. I think it depends on the aggressiveness of the pole community in your area. You have to go out there and befriend venue owners.

• ERIN6907

January 8, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Amen GataAgressiva!! I don’t think it’s really about changing anyone’s viewpoint. THAT would be impossible. I think a positive environment could be created though. And should be created 🙂 Thanks everyone for your opinions!!!

• Anya123

January 8, 2014 at 5:49 pm

You would have to chage their viewpoint in the way that like Gata said you would have to give them an overview to the people coming in that it’s not stripping or super sexual dancing. Or else people will treat it like a strip club it’s nieve to think otherwise… It wouldn’t be positive environment :/

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now