StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Nosy boyfriends

• Nosy boyfriends

Posted by TinyDynamics09 on May 5, 2011 at 12:02 pm

So my pole will be here tomorrow and Im excited about everything but one little thing, actually tall thing. My boyfriend feel that he needs to be in the room while i pratice >_< I very realistic about the whole thing, Ill be amazed if i can do a pole sit much less hold on to the damn thing. I dont want him in the room while i cussed and grunt my way through the first couple of weeks. What should I tell him to keep him out of the room?  we have no locks on any of the doors in our apartment except the bathroom, though at this rate im highly thinking about putting the pole in there. HELP!!!

PhillyPoleJess replied 13 years, 4 months ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Mechie

May 5, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Tell him you're not comfortable with him being around.  That you might be more prone to error and mistakes because of his presence, that's dangerous. 

Not sure about you, but I get nervous when there's a pair of  eyes staring at me while I'm still at learning stage.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gifGood Luck!

• nymphdancer

May 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm

tell him you need some time to learn and when YOU are ready for him to watch you will let him know.

• glitterhips

May 5, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Well men are simple so I think if you say something like "I would love for you to watch me when im ready but im just starting and i need time to figure out what im doing, in a few weeks once ive polished some moves i will do a special show just for you" or something like that so he doesn't feel like he's missing out, my boyfriend really could care less about my pole so I have your opposite problem 😉

• LopsiJulie

May 5, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I would intentionally do a really crap job… walk around for 20min like a robot… He'll run out the room 🙂

• Runemist34

May 5, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I agree with Mechie, Nymph and Glitter…let him know that you aren't ready for him to watch you. It takes time to get good at something like this, and you can tell him that, if he wants to watch, you would like to have some fun things to show him, AFTER you've practiced them, so they look good!

And, if he argues that "he doesn't care," then I would say, well YOU care!

• PhillyPoleJess

May 6, 2011 at 12:39 am

Dont know what your boyfriend is expecting you to do, but just tell him you will be trying a few moves.  Ask him if he will join you to learn a few moves. if he says yes say great and have a good sense of humor about him possibly having more strength than you on the pole.  if he says no he just wants to watch again wait till he is eating sit close and watch him.  when he asks what you are doing say watching him.  when he gets uncomfortable just mention that he is doing something he does everyday and someone watching him makes him uncomfortable and at the moment that is the way you feel when you think about him watching you

the first time my current boyfriend asked to watch while I was practicing (mind you i was already two years in) i said this won't be pretty, i will be sweaty, messy, focused. if you are there you will be expected to spot me and again this won't be pretty.