StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Over 40 polers!!!

• Stevesgirl

March 5, 2012 at 4:22 pm

46 **gulp** here.  I started 10 months ago although I had a 4 1/2 month break.  I do not have any sort of dance or gymnastics background and I am not flexible at all.  I would love to be able to do a split but I don't know if I will ever get there.  I think there should definately be an 'over 40' category for competitions.

• teelee

March 5, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Shmz!!  I now have a definite reason to come to Japan.  My family loves Japan, my daughter has been there several times teaching and visiting and we have hosted almost 15 students now.  It sounds like you started out like I did but kudo's to you for making it work and spreading the majic of pole.  This is a wonderful thread!! 

• Pussy Galore

March 5, 2012 at 6:11 pm

This site is awesome! I poled for the very first time yesterday at amost 52 and thought i would be the only person over 40 so im pleased to have discovered you lovely ladies! I have no previous pole or dance experience, im very inflexable, can only just touch my toes, ive never been bendy! Im infatuated with poling and hope one day to be able to climb, twirl and dance around my pole. Im encouraged by all the video clips and discussions on this board, who knows one day I may upload my own clip!

• HotelChick

March 5, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Welcome, Kaylie! I started poling one year ago at the age of 39. Just starting now to work on dancing and flexibility. Injured my ribs early on trying to pick up tricks quicker than my body was ready. Taking my time and respecting my limits so I can pole ’til I’m 80 🙂

• Kaylie

March 5, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Thanks ladies!! I am inspired by you!!

• tarah

March 6, 2012 at 12:26 am
  • tarah

March 6, 2012 at 12:32 am

forgot to say..  i started when i was 44, one and a half years ago. 

i have really been working on flexibility the last 2 months, and have def. gotten more flexy.  still don't have my splits, but getting close..

• FeeDen

March 6, 2012 at 5:46 am

I'm 47, 48 at the end of this month and started poling just over a year and a half ago.  I personally do not know of anyone who poles which is one of the many reasons why I love this site so much, it's really inspiring. 

When I started poling I never thought I'd invert, it did take me 6 months to feel strong and have enough courage to try but I was so excited that I'd achieved it.  I just take things a little more carefully now I'm older.  I'm still quite flexible but poles def got me stretching again as things did start to tighten up after 40 !!!

• pipsqueakz

March 6, 2012 at 6:06 am

Hi I’m another one 47 and started classes nearly a year ago with my 16 year old daughter. We both fell instantly in love with pole and even entered a competition in August last year and surprised ourselves coming 1st runners up intermediate! Anything is possible and I love StudioVeena and all the super supportive followers especially the over 40’s! Go girls!!

• pipsqueakz

March 6, 2012 at 6:06 am

Hi I’m another one 47 and started classes nearly a year ago with my 16 year old daughter. We both fell instantly in love with pole and even entered a competition in August last year and surprised ourselves coming 1st runners up intermediate! Anything is possible and I love StudioVeena and all the super supportive followers especially the over 40’s! Go girls!!

• LRu Studios

March 6, 2012 at 9:20 am

Hi Kaylie,
     I will be 46 next month. I just received third place in Miss Pole Champ West.
     I definaly was the oldest lady competeing there. Many of the students at L'Ru Studios are over 40  and 50 and progressing daily. Flexabilty is a commitment. You need to work on it constantly always hold moves over two minutes. StudioVeena has awesome lessons on flexablilty. Good Luck!

• viki

March 6, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I love seeing that there are so many of Us wonderful ladies in are 40s doing pole and remember ladies forty’s are the new thirty’s..!!! I’ve never been in better shape… And Love my Pole fitness…

• Hollywood in CT

March 6, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Hello ladies, I am going on 44 in Aug and as soon as I get my pole I will sign up for Veena's online lessons….can't wait.  I've been doing P90X for the past three weeks hoping it will help with upper body strentgh.  I just returned my pole I had because it was a fake X-pole and now I need to get a real one.  I recently went to a club and was able to climb that pole (brass), as I had trouble on my own (chrome).  Not sure if it was the P90X or chrome, anywho….I can not wait til I am part of the pole community!

• Kaylie

March 6, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Yeah us!!!!

• tarah

March 6, 2012 at 9:08 pm
Page 2 of 5