StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions PS Star Free Standing Pole

• Jadrien

April 15, 2010 at 2:43 am

I’m considering getting the star stand alone or the x-stage. After reading these reviews I really want to get this one (better price, 1.75" option, and it would fit in my room) but does it come with a spinning/static option like x-stage? I really need a pole that spins, and if this one can do that too then it will be the perfect option for me. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif
    Any help?

• Jenn

April 15, 2010 at 11:04 am

Yes, it can be spinny or static. The PS poles are also easier to switch between modes, with a simple pull of a pin.

• Jenn

April 19, 2010 at 12:22 am

I had a go on my friend’s Star Standalone pole, and I have to say, it was rather disappointing overall. I found it to be pretty wobbly and noisy.The spin mode was not very fast or smooth as the pole just kinda slots into the base, and there was a lot of swaying. I could not do many spins on it as I am left-handed and the top piece of the pole would have untwisted, and that would’ve been very bad. I also had the chance to play on an X stage, for comparison and it was much more sturdy than the Standalone pole. The spin was also much faster and smoother on the Xstage. The poles screw together but there is an added internal screw (secured with an allen wrench) to keep the poles piecs form untwisting. Even though the X stage is more expensive, it is definitely a higher quality pole.

FYI: I tested the poles on hardwood floors. My friend has carpet in her home and she said that the carpet does make it less noisy and wobbly.

• AliciaPolerina

June 19, 2010 at 12:00 am

To those of you who own this pole, how tall is the pole with no extentions? I noticed they had a 1 or 2 ft extention, just wondering how tall it was without extentions. Thanks!

• Serzi

June 19, 2010 at 6:50 am

X-Stage Features:

Pole Diameter: 50mm (2”)

Stage Diameter: 1600mm (5’3”)

Overall Height: 3m (10’)

Stage Height: 320mm (12.5”)

Useable Pole: 2.65m (8’10”)

I don’t know anything really about the Star Standalone, but I own an X-Stage if you have any questions. =)

• JBStarryEyedGirl

March 2, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Hey ladies,

I know this is an old thread.. but I had a few questions about this stage..

Has anyone bought a newer version of this? Like the past 6 months?

Have they changed the way the pole extensions screw together? Is there a locking mechanism? And has anyone unscrewed their pole while doing left handed spins??

If you have one, would you recommend it??

• LizzyLiz810

March 3, 2011 at 12:01 am

hated it!!

• JBStarryEyedGirl

March 3, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Lizzie, was this on the v.3? It looks like you are on one in your pix.. What don’t you like abOut it?

Page 2 of 2