StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Please send good thoughts

• Ginger Kitty

June 5, 2011 at 8:19 am

So sorry you are having to go through this. Hang in there. Love, hugs and good thoughts coming your way.

• MrsNaughtywed

June 5, 2011 at 8:56 am

Sorry sorry to hear about your hubby. I can only imagine that kind of stress right now. I hope he is going to be okay. It is strange as to why he is having liver problems considering his good health and lifestyle. Was he on any kind of medication or something? My liver got messed up at 21 once and it took a long time to make the connection that some meds I were on was causing it. Did he have an vaccinations recently? Were you guys in any exotic or tropica or anther country? I donno I just keep what else could of caused this. I hope this gets figured out and solved. I will be thinking of you in my prayers. 🙂

• horsecrazy12987

June 5, 2011 at 11:02 am

I'm actually wondering along the same lines as MrsNaughtyWed–about a year ago or so now, my previously healthy mom started feeling like crap and began losing weight at an alarming rate–she was already very slender, so the amount of weight she was losing was dangerous. She went to doctor after doctor trying to figure out what was going on, and finally they realized that her gallbladder had stopped working. Conventional doctors really didn't do crap for her, so she ended up going to a naturopath who had helped several people get their gallbladders functioning again, and now it's actually working–intermittently sometimes, but it's much better and overall she feels a lot better and is very hopeful that it will eventually function normally again. She also thinks some liver damage may have been done, and she's pretty sure this was caused by high levels of ibuprofen that she was taking for a back injury. It is very hard on your organs when taken in high doses and for longer periods of time than recommended–has your husband been taking it recently, and has he been taking a lot? If he's on any kind of medication, they could definitely have something to do with his problems. Pharmeceuticals can have some very serious side effects that I think doctors sometimes don't adequately warn their patients about. 

• Stevesgirl

June 6, 2011 at 1:23 am

UPDATE:  Unfortunately, it isn't good – his numbers keep climbing.  Tomorrow (Monday) morning he will have a liver biopsy.  Hopefully it will tell us what is going on.  If nothing else, it should tell us how badly his liver is damaged (and how permanent the damage will be) from all this.

What is so maddening is they don't know how to treat him.  Since they don't know the cause, they are afraid to give him anything for fear it will make things worse.

They have looked at all his medicines.  He isn't taking anything that affects the liver.  However, they decided that just to be safe, they've taken him off his regular medicines.  He hasn't had any vaccines in years.  He hasn't been anywhere exotic or anything like that.  It is truly a mystery.

I want to tell everyone on here again, how much I appreciate everything you've done for me.  It means so much to me.  I am so new to StudioVeena and you don't know me and yet everyone has extended such warmth and compassion.  I do not have anyone to lean on and you guys really have no idea how much you are helping me through this.  Thank you!

• Ginger Kitty

June 6, 2011 at 11:07 am

So frustrating when they can't figure out what is going on.  Hang in there.  I'm sure they will narrow things down and find out what is causing the liver problems. 

Yes, this community of people is very special.  They are some of the best people you will never meet (in person). 

Still sending good thoughts your way.

• Lyme Lyte

June 6, 2011 at 11:11 am

So sorry to hear this….keep us posted.  Hugs and Kisses to you both.

• Finreah

June 6, 2011 at 12:17 pm

You and your husband are in my thoughts. Please keep us posted. Hugs to you both.

• Sam I am

June 6, 2011 at 1:05 pm

So sorry to hear they are still searching for the answer. I am sending positive vibes and lots of prayers **hugs**

• hookedonpole

June 6, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Sorry to hear they are still trying to figure it out.  I don't know what your financial situation, etc. is.  Have you considered a naturo-path doctor?  That's what mine is called where I live.  Insurance doesn't usually cover that kind of "doctor."  I was very ill years ago, body shutting down, etc. in and out of hospital/doctor offices…a friend told me about a natural path doctor and I was skeptical.  I finally went and he helped me physically so much.  They are non-traditional, of course, but his way of "testing" discovered my pituitary (sp) gland was out of whack and not what docs were trying to treat me for.  I know there are some quacks out there, but I found a good one.  Just a thought.

However, my thoughts and concern are with you and your husband. 

• vipergal

June 6, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I'm so sorry about your husband. Of course he is in my prayers, and also you. Sending you strength.

• polefairy

June 6, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Fingers crossed for your husband, you must be so upset right now, I can't even imagine! I really hope he bounces back form this very soon and that all will be well again.

Look after yourself!! 

• TrixieLovett

June 6, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Whatever you need, just ask.  We are all here to support you!  Please keep us posted.  HUGS!!

• Maria Joao

June 7, 2011 at 4:43 am

my thoughts are with you both.

Hugs

Page 2 of 2