StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pleaser Shoes Sizing

• Pleaser Shoes Sizing

Posted by SToast on December 27, 2016 at 7:19 pm

I know this isn’t the first shoe discussion on here (far from it) but I’m looking for sizing info. I am a size US 9.5 but very few companies carry women’s shoes in half sizes after size 9. Which leaves me trying to pick between a 9 or a 10. Depending on the brand sometimes I’m a 9 and sometimes a 10. On occasion, with certain brands, the 9 is to small and the 10 too big so I have to find a different brand shoe.

Do you guys find that Pleasure shoes run big, small, or right on? I’m guessing I’d rather go a little small than a little big correct? Will they break in a little? I’m talking about the clear strap shoes. I’d like to order a pair but don’t want to have to send them back a bunch of times. I live in a pretty rural area with quite a drive to anywhere that has this type of shoe to try on or I’d go that route.

Thanks in advance.

AllysonKendal replied 7 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    December 27, 2016 at 8:55 pm

I have thin, narrow feet and for me, the pleaser runs pretty close to actual shoe size.

In my experience if the heel is open toe go smaller, if it’s closed go bigger.

I wear a 7 1/2 and buy 7. I have bought other brand heels, a size up (8) and they stretch and end up too big.I find all my heels regardless of brand stretch out a bit if they are open toe. Wearing socks with them will help stretch them as well. Dancing in the heels that are too big just make it hard, my toes pop out of the top (where your foot slides in) and make dancing and toe slides impossible.

• Brittanyshanah1663

December 27, 2016 at 9:48 pm

I’m a 8 and 1/2 and was a dancer for 4 years. I always bought my pleasers in an 8 because the plastic on the top stretches the more you wear them. They were always tight for a week or so until I broke them in. To top it off my foot is wide and from the dancer stores I shopped at didn’t sell wide in any stripper shoes, so my shoes were extra tight. I made the mistake and bought a 9 and they were too big in days. I hope that helps. I also walked in them a lot working the floor so if you are only going to wear them a few times a week on the pole I think it may take a while to break in.

• AllysonKendal

December 28, 2016 at 4:19 am

I’m also a 9.5, and I actually order a 10. I’ve tried on both 9s and 10s and I felt like the plastic straps were the same size, but the footbed was bigger on the 10, with the 9s my toes were too close to the edge and it made floorwork difficult.

I hope that helps.. but I probably just confused you more 🙂