StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Dancing and Legs

• Pole Dancing and Legs

Posted by Joachim15 on April 4, 2014 at 11:43 am

Hi everyone! I’m a male beginner pole dancer. Being a guy, I have leg hair. My legs are not that hairy but if you compare to a woman’s legs well… =)) could leg hair affect me in pole dancing? Could it give me more grip or could it make some stunts painful? Should I wax/shave it? Sorry if it seems out of place here. I just can’t search for any article regarding this =))

chriswarner replied 10 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Meg Smith

April 4, 2014 at 12:08 pm

As a women i find pole dancing easier with stubbly legs…. Buts that’s 2 very different things i guess! Hopefully someone can answer! 🙂

• CrazyKosters

April 4, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Hmm that is a great question! Hopefully some of the other male pole dancers here can chime in Klaus, foolserrand,patsmack, etc… I would imagine that it would make some things more painful if it is pulling your hair. I would also think the longer the hair, the worse or more painful the grip but I have no idea. While i slack in the shaving department sometimes..lol I have never let it get to what i imagine yours would be if that makes sense lol.

• darcit

April 4, 2014 at 6:16 pm

The guy I do partners pole with definitely has found that shaving his inner thighs helps a lot with his grip in things like pole sit!

• Joachim15

April 4, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Thanks for the replies guys! I think I’ll wax my inner thighs just like darcit said =))

• Bob Zamora

April 5, 2014 at 3:20 pm

My experience is that having leg hair makes me slippery. I have my legs waxed every four weeks. Ankles to crotch. It works. My wife hates it but it’s easier than getting it ripped out by the pole or sliding back down the pole during climbs.

• chriswarner

April 6, 2014 at 8:10 am

My legs are not very hairy but I found when I was sliding on moves like inverted crucifiz and cross ankle release that I definitely needed to shave. The combination of a little sweat and leg hair for me means slippery. Shaving definitely makes a huge difference for me.

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now