StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Party Ideas???

• Pole Party Ideas???

Posted by MochaKat on March 21, 2011 at 9:42 am

Hi Veeners!!!….can anyone share any ideas on parties they have hosted or attended that was super fun and different. maybe something the instructor did or something.. My dilemna is that sometimes I feel like mine are kinda blah even though the guest have all voiced that they had a good time..Just seems like I want to do more to make it more jazzy..idk..Iany suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated..I am ok with teaching the moves..but the filler fluff is my nemesis..hope I'm making sense..lol https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

finesse replied 12 years, 3 months ago 11 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Deesse Jesse

March 22, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I don't know if this will help, but have you ever done themed parties? The really silly themes always helps break the ice and everyone feels more comfortable being…well…silly! The easiest kind is a moustache party! Everyone draws on a different kind of moustache with eye liner ranging from the parisien swirled moutache to the tiny charlie chaplin 'stache. It's hard not to stop giggling when everyone has a drawn on moustache. Super heros also works well since the costumes are usually tight and small.

Another really great pole party I went to was my studio's Halloween party. The theme was zombies so we all sat down and did our make up together, then we filmed a zombie pole movie to Thriller and our instructor edited the film together so we all got a souvenir kind of. Here's the final product: https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/4cccbc78-4970-4b90-b9fc-7c070ac37250

I hope that helps!!

• FuzzyNavel

March 22, 2011 at 9:21 pm

my 1st pole "experience" was at a party! We all had a great time–we learned a little strip tease with a mens shirt, a boa, some wall work, then a bit of pole and chair. It was so much fun and there was plenty of time for photos at the end which was what we were all hoping for. HTH!

• JBStarryEyedGirl

March 23, 2011 at 12:06 am

I teach parties, and I usually do a chair routine, dance routine, and pole routine or pole tricks. I like to do theme music, like "Single Ladies" for bachelorettes, and "Feeling Good" for psot divorce parties =) I also incorporate boas, hats, ties and other props. 

What do you normally do? You could do so many different things!!

• MochaKat

March 23, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Thanks guys…I have thought about themed parties but I wasn't sure if I am to suggest themes or let the ppl that  book the party request a theme…boas and ties sound fun…I  always related them to chair routines but i guess it could work for the pole too. Love the theme music idea for different type parties…

Right now I have only done a simple pole routine that had some floor work but not anything with a chair.I show the routine..then teach it move by move having the ladies come up and do the move..and then at the end they each do the whole routine.. I had this idea of getting beads or pins and a crown and at the end whoever has collected the most beads or pins and does the complete routine wins the title/crown "Pole Diva" for the night.

And as far as the boas do they keep them or give them back??

• TinyDynamics09

March 24, 2011 at 1:44 am

I know for my bday coming up my pole theme is going to be "if i were a boy" so we are wearing our guys shirts and their fidoras but under neath we all will be wearing our best dancable lingerie. babically a burlesque type of thing.i dont know if that helps

• Bex

March 28, 2011 at 2:30 pm

MochaKat — Boas are always a fun addition to any party and most women don't realize how easy it is to play with a boa and make it look sexy. Unless you are charging enough to cover the cost of the boas, they give them back at the end. For a good feather boa you will spend upwards of $20 each. You could always have a couple new ones in your bag to sell if anyone wants to buy one.

• Kittyclimber

March 29, 2011 at 10:23 am

I throw pole/chair striptease parties as well. Mobster style hats, glasses, boas and mens oversized shirts are always fun. 

With the chair striptease portion, I have a handout of the routine so that if the person wants to take it home to try on their sig other, they have a guide to practice from. I've had good feedback and response with that.

I have a question for those that do parties, do you do an 8 count when you are teaching the routine? I do this when I am teaching a pole fitness class, but I'm trying to decide if counting it out  loud during a party makes it more fitness then party.

• Deesse Jesse

March 29, 2011 at 10:31 am

I always always do 8 counts although it's just a force of habit at this point from dance training.

When I'm showing a routine, I try to downplay the actual counts and let the people dance at their own speed. I find giving people counts when they're unfamiliar can really stress them out rather than let them express themselves so I try to keep the couting in my head. My happy medium is I usually show routines with counts but stress that it's just there as an guidline, so they're there for those who want to follow them, but they're also not absolutely necessary for those that don't. It also means I try to avoid music where I want a move done on a specific beat.

• Anonyma

March 29, 2011 at 3:21 pm

its truth thats its hard to make people learn withouth the count,  especially if theyre only there for an hour

i like to tell them outside leg or whatever easiest because thety get too mixed up, i also like to record video of a small routine (2 minute) that i leave on repeat on the flatscreen tv

• pole-twista

June 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Had a party last night and the girls were pretty difficult. No one seemed to want to actually listen and they were all over the place.  It was very challenging trying to get everyone to focus and actually teach a routine or tricks. Some were expecting to get the quickest explanation on an advanced move and jump right into it even though explained we were going to be working on a Beginner routine, not learn 20 spins in an hr, while others wouldnt even try a backslide.. any advice on how to focus a group on the task at hand while still keeping it fun?   Also do you have any games or anything to help break the ice>? the girls weren"t exactly warm & friendly..just looking for ways to keep things running fairly smoothly and keep it fun. Any advice helpful. 

• MrsNaughtywed

June 3, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I teach pole parties too. I start with a warm up, safety rules, teach some trasitions and easy spins and a couple dancey moves. Then I put it together in a cute little routine. They usually want to see me perform something too. Then stretching and done. Is this the usual format for some? Just wondering, I also would love to learn to news to jazz them up abit. No one has complained that my pole parties were not fun but I always like to do new things. 

• finesse

June 3, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I sub in for parties at my studio, but I don't teach them all the time.  We warm up, then we do a standard ice-breaker which I think helps.  We'll line all the girls up, make them strut down the aisle of poles and pronounce their "pole name" for the evening.  Whoever the guest of honor is (bride/bday girl/etc) – she can either agree with the name choice or give that person another name for the evening.  That usually seems to lighten the mood. HTH!