StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Sleeves

• Pole Sleeves

Posted by lilpolevix3n on February 21, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Recently I purchased a pole sleeve. First off, I thought that this thing can be easily applied, like rolling on a condom, but it wasn’t. You need an industrial air blower to apply it on. Once I applied it on, I was extremely happy! Now I can pole without using grip aides!!! So I thought! I completely slide off the pole. Now my question is, do I need to use grip aides while using the pole sleeve? Or do I need to lube up the pole sleeve (and lube it up with what?)?

PoleNika replied 8 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • PoleNika

February 21, 2016 at 9:06 pm

I’m confused? POLESLEEVES are the highest quality product on the market and has been successful in many different applications/environments (humid, wet, dry). You can use grip aids (rosin would be best)…but not sure why you are having trouble. My kids can hold onto a 50mm pole with a POLESLEEVE with one hand and spin around (they’re 5&7). Are you wearing fitted clothing? I’ve never heard a not-sticky-enough complaint about POLESLEEVES

• Webmaster

Administrator
    February 21, 2016 at 10:06 pm

PoleNika, I’m guessing that you are in some way associated with Polesleeves. A friendly suggestion would be that rather than expressing incredulity that someone could possibly be having trouble with the product and coming off as quite patronizing to someone who is is quite possible YOUR CUSTOMER, you should ask questions, maybe contact them privately.

If the product is in fact not a Polesleeve I’m sure she would be more than happy to correct her mistaken terminology however if it is a pole sleeve you now have the opportunity to explore why this could be happening.

• lilpolevix3n

February 21, 2016 at 10:13 pm

That maybe true, and from my understanding and reading on the website, they are supposed to be functional in any and all climates. But from what I read and the use of one in the past, I did not need to apply grip aids. So to my surprise, after applying it to my pole, I slide right off. So would it be possible to apply something to the latex? Also, is risen an amber colored wax/substance that is applied to violin bows?

• PoleNika

February 22, 2016 at 2:59 am

Nope…not the owner of POLESLEEVES, but I do know him well, seen the love and hard work that has gone into his small business fueled by love for the sport and know that he doesn’t follow this thread (the reason why I’ve tried to be an advocate for them here). I love POLESLEEVES, use them in my facility and have performed/taught Chinese poles for past 15 years. No, I’m not poor Victor trying to be insensitive to his customers (although his good customer service is thankfully remarked upon occasionally here). I know many people who use them and love them. Apologies if I sounded insensitive.

That being said, I do know a fresh pole sleeve can sometimes seem a little slick. It just needs to get broken in. A few practices and it should be nice and sticky. Good luck! I’m sure you will find that you love it! 🙂