StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Songs

• Pole Songs

Posted by jacqueline5309 on May 29, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble finding someone to alter a song for a pole competition in September.  Does anyone know someone they could recommend?

Jackie

kasanya replied 11 years, 4 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • CrazyKosters

May 29, 2013 at 9:36 pm

I know you can edit them through i-tunes. I do that sometimes to dance to shorter versions. If you have i-tunes, open up your library and right click on the song you want to change. Pick " get info". Go to the options tab and at the bottom there is a couple boxes that say start time and end time. Select the times you want then hit ok. Then right click on the the song again and choose " create acc version" Give it a couple seconds and the new version will show up right under the original. You can play the song in itunes to see exactly where you need to stop and start. So if you wanted to start the song at a later point then pick the time you want it to start and check the box but keep the end time how it is and check the box. If you wanted to stop it later then do the opposite. If you need to edit it more thoroughly then im not sure but you can edit one version then edit that version etc..You can then drag the new song to your pc library and burn it or whatever. This does not affect the original version and you can delete the acc versions from itunes without it deleting the original. Hope this helps, not sure if thats what you were looking for. Good luck with the comp!

• phoenix kazree

May 30, 2013 at 11:41 pm

My friend Heidi Coker's husband is awesome. He mixes all of her competition and performance songs and has mixed songs for me as well.  His name is Roger. You can find him on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/roger.coker.mia

• CapFeb

May 31, 2013 at 12:46 am

In response to Phoenix’s post; love Heidi. I wish she did more competitive, she is still my favorite favorite above Marlo and Felix.

• jacqueline5309

June 2, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Thanks Ladies for the  help!!

• Juicy J

June 3, 2013 at 9:09 pm

WOW! Thanks for that, CrazyKosters!!! I just learnt something new today about iTunes and will go home to try that!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• kasanya

June 3, 2013 at 9:19 pm

If you're interested in learning to do it yourself, you can download a free program called Audacity. I've used it to shorten a lot of songs (super easy!) and to lengthen others by creatively cutting and pasting (trickier, but gets easier with practice).

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now