StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Star – a pole dancing My Little Pony!

• acoretacri

December 12, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I love all your My Little ponies! They were always one of my favorites. Your work is amazing

• Runemist34

December 12, 2011 at 9:52 pm

OMG I LOVE my little ponies, and I love the remade ones, too! Seeing what people do with these things is just awesome!

• Lyme Lyte

December 12, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Not sure what little ponies are, but the one hanging on the pole is cute as ever!!!!  Keep up the fun work.

• Firefeliness

December 13, 2011 at 12:17 am

OMG!! A fellow Pony customizer! So glad to see I am not the only one who has a collection of slightly odd interests 🙂 See ya around either here or at the MLP Arena 🙂

• MissMeliss

December 13, 2011 at 4:52 am

Oh. My. God. I love it!!! I've been meaning to get into this myself! This is amazing!! Well done! 😀

• minicoopergrl

December 13, 2011 at 6:10 am

My daughter is OBESSED with MLP.  She will school you and keep up with you eventhough she is 7.  I think we have every pony possibly made – both old and new. 

I love your pole pony!  Shes beautiful!

Im actually waiting for a new pony to come out – Lulu Luck.  I have to have that pony!

• Jenny99

December 13, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Love it! Are you thinking of making some to sell. Would love one for my writing room.

• pantherchild

December 13, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Wow!  I'm so glad everyone likes her so much!

My Little Ponies are a children's toy aimed at girls–they're fancy ponies with pictures on their hips that kind of describe them (for example, the pony Gusty has leaves blowing for her symbol!)  There's a decently sized group of people who take the ponies and customize them with new symbols or new hair, or new poses, or anything!  This pony looked like this before I took her apart: http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/7/73/Love_Wishes.JPG/460px-Love_Wishes.JPG (I think that's the one, lol)

I'd def. be interested in making some to sell, but there's some other projects I have going on right now that I'd need to get done first.  If anyone had any suggestions for poses, I'd love to hear them!

• JennyBacardi

December 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm

omg awesome! i love that idea 🙂

I would love one

• PippiParnasse

December 14, 2011 at 11:20 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. I have to tweet this.

• pantherchild

December 15, 2011 at 9:36 am

Tweet/share/whatever away!  I'm @pantherchild on Twitter, http://facebook.com/jbramble on Facebook.  I post ponies-in-progress on my FB.  Wokring on a FB page for ponies ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pole-Star-Ponies/259408940780767&nbsp😉 but there's basicaly nothing on it yet, lol.

I just got some new clay and a big pile of bait ponies, so I may spend some time this weekend working on ponies (there's also a party at my studio, so YAY inspiration!)  I need to find some slightly thicker dowels for the pole too.  Trip to Lowes is in order!

• Cynthia D

December 16, 2011 at 3:18 am

i was wanting to purchase some MLP for my daughter because I used to play with them when i was a child.  problem is, they don't make them like they used to ):  where are you able to purchase the older versions at?

• minicoopergrl

December 16, 2011 at 6:12 am

Cynthia – Ebay.  When my daughter goes to my FIL's to stay over, they will go on ebay and bid on MLP toys.  Warning though, thier hair is kinda gross if its not taken care of well.  I had to throw away one pony b/c her hair was disgusting!

• pantherchild

December 16, 2011 at 6:15 am

Another good place is mlparena.com .  You can find nice ponies for fairly cheap, and people will buy ugly ponies off of you to customize or restore.  That's where I got most of my ponies.

The G3 ponies are a pretty good return to form for MLPs and can be pretty cheap.  I got six or eight for $5, which is just a great price for toys!

• Cynthia D

December 16, 2011 at 6:25 pm

thank you guys sooo much!  i really appreciate it!