StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole and mental illness

• Runemist34

August 23, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I forgot to add: I am actively, constantly trying to get rid of my anxiety. Knowing that I got out of my depression, and that I can continue to keep it away… it's possible for the anxiety, too. It's just a bigger, badder, scarier dragon to conqer!

• OzarkSiren

August 23, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Runemist,

I suffered terribly from anxiety and social phobia when I was younger. I no longer have it but it really controlled my life for years. One of my 3 children suffers from it as I did. Mine was definately hormone related and diet related. Hypnotherapy tapes really helped me.  Know you are not alone and you will get through it.  Be gentle with yourself and Love yourself. 

• Pole gal

November 1, 2012 at 6:10 am

Just seen this 🙂 I suffer from depression and pole has been a great release for me in soo many Ways. It’s helped with my confidence, it’s helped immensely with my depression. I still obv have depression but pole really helps me with it. I find pole great for releasing anger & frustration. As it helps me push myself past my limit and helps me nail whatever move in tryin to get. 🙂 xxx

• Sassypants

April 8, 2013 at 11:38 am

Hi Everyone, on my campus today we are promoting mental health awareness for Culture of Care week. Since you all have experience with mental illness and understand it's struggle, I'd really appreciate it if you could watch this video and "like" it  (or even better, share it) to support our efforts in raising awareness and support. 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152741880275187

• sexciScorpio

April 8, 2013 at 11:53 am

Im still suffering from depression and anxiety, and i find that when i go to the dance studio, for 90 minutes all the worry and stress is not at the front of my mind.

• Yanille79

April 8, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I suffer from
    Anxiety and depression. I see a psychiatrist every two months. But I defiantly agree that poling has changed my life even if I’m not a professional. It has boosted my confidence and made me feel better about myself. Also if you are ever down I promise what never will fail are prayers. Seek Jesus he will always be there no matter what. Listen to pastors that helps me too. Any ways life is hard but with god in your life and I’m not super religious but having him in my life keeps me going. Hugs to all I girls

• Suemaz Polesilks

April 8, 2013 at 4:47 pm

The beauty of pole is that it has so many hidden benefits that we don't expect and feeling better about ourselves is a big one.  I totally agree with the comments and find that it helps with self-esteem, confidence etc and one of my girls actually wrote in the comments book that…'I have never felt the most beautiful person in the room, or had much confidence but since starting pole I laugh more and feel happier with who I am and life, so what you waiting for, get on that pole!'

• Serzi

April 8, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Yes. Whatever bees or wasps I have swarming around in my head they STOP whenever I pole. It’s like a natural tranquilizer or something for me. When I can’t pole for long periods of time due to work, illness, interuptions, or whatever I find myself extremely depressed and hyper-sensitive. I often daydream entire pole routines just to keep myself from getting too down.

Page 4 of 4