StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole practice accountability thread!

• Anzia

January 4, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Welcome Neesy 🙂 Good luck with your goals.

I’ve done some light poling today, basic spins mostly.

• Slkysmth

January 4, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Hello Neesy!!! Lots of goals you have!
    I had the most lazy day today. I went to pole class and that has been it! No house cleaning, no PIYO, no prepping food (that’s not good), but I have a lot of work to do this week! Busy busy busy!

• Neesy118

January 4, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Hey there! I had a lazy day as well. I did some light stretching & used my foam roller but man I’m so sore from yesterday. So today was all about football & laundry. Back at it tomorrow though 🙂

• Anzia

January 6, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Fab class tonight! I did a chopper into every invert (yay for stronger arms despite the Christmas break!), managed an aerial invert on my bad side (not pretty but hey) and started trying for superman. Eeeeek! The studio has rubber mats so I still haven’t done the SV challenge pirouettes and I’m knackered now so no shoulder slides. Catching up today on tomorrow eve, and will do the pirouettes on Thurs at class on their wooden floor.

• Meggie

January 6, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Sooooo – I am sick as a dog with a sinus infection and haven’t been able to do splits stretching or pole since Sunday. My husband left on deployment on Saturday and I started a new job in my second language on Monday. And my son is being impossible because he misses his Daddy and started at a new school on Monday. ALL that being said – I feel almost OVERWHELMING guilt about not being in my studio working out or stretching. As a patient told me today, ” my everything hurts”. Anyone else ever feel so irrationally guilty?

• Anzia

January 7, 2015 at 1:13 am

Meggie! Stop feeling guilty and focus on getting better! I wouldn’t be poling with all that going on. I hope the sinus infection goes really quickly and that the new job’s going well. Hugs.

• Neesy118

January 9, 2015 at 1:08 pm

So I’ve been pretty good about my practice. I think doing the #svpolebasics has helped in keeping me motivated. I’ve also been practicing my handstands & splits stretching. I’ve just not been good at posting on here!
    My practice today will focus all on my opposite side – eeek!
    Have a great weekend everyone!

• Anzia

January 9, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Well done Neesy! I did take Wed eve off but had a fab class last night and worked hard. I managed a seat climb in which I actually climbed (rather than staying in the same place while making climbing motions, ha ha) and several new moves. Happy days! Have a good evening yourself 🙂

• Neesy118

January 10, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Yay for progress Anzia!

• Slkysmth

January 10, 2015 at 11:53 pm

Ladies! I am sorry for my a sense the past two weeks! I was practicing hard on my performance last night. IT WENT AMAZING!!!! I nailed my routine! I want to post a video but it shows up sideways (again) and it is pretty large. When I get it up I will let you ladies know.
    Now it’s back to working on new tricks, getting stronger and perfecting them for the next show in April! It’s late so I am going to cut this short; just wanted to check in.

• Anzia

January 11, 2015 at 1:03 am

FANTASTIC!!!! That’s great news Slkysmth 🙂 Can’t wait to see the video. Well done! x

• Neesy118

January 11, 2015 at 10:55 am

Can’t wait to see your video!! And congrats on a great performance!

• Slkysmth

January 11, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Ok! I have posted my video! Please take a look if you have 5-6 minutes to spare! I am very pleased with how it turned out. There are a few things I would tweek (point toes when I climb, better extension in my butterfly) but thats it! 🙂

• Anzia

January 13, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Duh! I commented on your (beautiful, awesome) video but not here. Well, you know I think it was great 😀 Super job!

In other news, tonight I got a superman for the first time on my good side. Bad side I still get stuck halfway over lol but I know now I’ve got it once I can get it both sides in future. Woohoo!

• Slkysmth

January 13, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Thank you Anzia! I can’t wait for the next one in April! Since my performance I went to pole class on Sunday and that’s the last time I’ve touched pole! I will be doing weight training Monday Tuesday Wednesday, Hot yoga with my friend on Thursday Who knows what else!
    I learned some fun combos and the mest hook on Sunday that I would like to practice this week so I will try to find some time for that!
    Happy Poling Ladies!

Page 11 of 12