StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole practice accountability thread!

• melmorgan94914776

January 24, 2015 at 10:22 am

Count me in! I have been off the pole since last August. I stopped working out to focus more on school due to a large course load last semester, now I’m ready to get back to poling and preferably get back to where I was when I stopped.

My Long Term Goals
    1-Front & Side Splits
    2-Back Bends
    3-Hand & Elbow Stands

My Short Term Goals
    1-Work on flow & fluid dancing
    2-Making my freestyles more sensual
    3-Practice weekly and stick to my work-out schedule without getting discouraged
    4-Stretch & do Yoga every other day

I hope to be able to work out Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday

I do not attend classes at a studio, I’m completely self-taught from YouTube and now also from Veena’s lessons. So I only do at-home practice.

I will try to report back weekly with my progress!! 🙂
    I’m looking forward to this!

• Slkysmth

January 24, 2015 at 12:50 pm

MelMorgan! That’s a really busy schedule. wow! That’s inspiring. I am having one heckuva time with scheduling. I love going to the gym but if I go to the gym I don’t have time to practice pole, if I practice pole I don’t feel like I got as good of a workout as if I went to the gym. I work full-time I have two kids and a husband, so trying to find balance amongst myself them and housework is difficult. Something always suffers and it seems to be pole. I have been doing hot yoga on Thursdays and a program called PIYO on Sundays which is a cross between yoga and Pilates. And once a week I go to intermediate pole class. The other days I find myself in the gym doing strength training. Like I said then that leaves no more time for pole.
    So like I said your workout schedule is very inspiring hope I can come up with something as good!

• Neesy118

January 25, 2015 at 11:52 am

I went on my 1st run of the year. My GPS app wasn’t working so I don’t know how many miles. But it was 51 minutes. I thought I could come home and stretch and pole…but I felt more stiff than ever!

• melmorgan94914776

January 25, 2015 at 1:59 pm

slkysmth thank you! I’m glad I can be of inspiration to someone, that makes me smile! And it sounds like you are super busy! I know exactly what you mean about it feeling like something is always suffering; it can be very hard to find balance between things when you have kids and everything else. I know you can make it work! You seem very determined and strong! Keep at it! 😀

• Slkysmth

January 25, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Thank you Mel! I did two spinning pole workshops yesterday (feeling beat up!) and then intermediate today. The focus was shoulder mounts, shoulder mount flips, etc so I’m again, beat up! I love it though! I have sooo much in my arsonel of things to work on now!
    Tomorrow is either gonna be pole or the gym doing strength training! 😉

• Slkysmth

January 25, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Neesy, what a great picture!!! 😃

• rsk269

January 25, 2015 at 10:03 pm

I’m a beginner and one of those people that’s bad at posting regularly on threads. 🙁
    However, I have been poling regularly – I manage to go to 1 or 2 pole classes every week and practice at home about 2 times a week in addition.
    And, I finally managed to do my elbowstand getup and the basic invert today! That’s two of the short-term goals achieved.

Revising my goals:

Short-term:
    1. Practice and improve my form with basic invert and chopper.
    2. CAR bridge/layback. (I can do CKR easily but just reeeally struggle with CAR).
    3. Clean up figurehead, learn side sit.
    4. Get the intermediate spin combos in a fluid manner.
    5. Start doing the conditioning and flexibility routines regularly.
    6. Start practising in heels. 🙂

Long-term:
    1. Get the side splits.
    2. Learn intermediate moves. Move to Level 3 moves.
    3. Practice in a showcase/competition this year(?).

Phew! Long post but putting that down feels soooo good! 🙂

• Slkysmth

January 26, 2015 at 9:47 am

RSK-that’s a lot of goals! I have a feeling your gonna nail the short term ones quickly! 😊

• rsk269

January 26, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Yay! Thank you! I hope so!

I was just able to hold up a flag for about a second. I should add holding that for longer to the goal too.

• DixyDreamer

February 11, 2015 at 12:08 am

Count me in if anyone needs to be motivated it is me maybe putting it here will help me stay focused.
    1 problem I have is that my dance pole is in our out building and it is colder than crap outside right now.
    I am not even in the beginning stage, I am at the planning to get motivated stage. I have the 30 day get started videos and I plan on doing 1 a day. So we will see how it goes.
    Hopefully I can do some of the strength training at my mothers. I been spending a lot of time there helping take care of her.So maybe I can do some of the practices that don’t require the pole.
    SO Short Term Goals
    1. Drink Water No Sodas
    2. 1 a day of the videos
    3. Eat right
    4. Lose weight so I can drag my ass up on that pole.
    5. DO some exorcises to limber up.
    6. Do the splits.
    7. Practice In Heels this will come way later I can barely walk in heels now let alone dance in them.

I had to look these up I found a site that shows you the names of spins 🙂
    Long Term Goals: Learn some spins
    1.Hand stand
    2.Do The Fireman Spin
    3.Chair Spin
    4.Back Spiral; Reverse Grab; Pendulum

I doubt that I will ever be ready for a competition but to just gain my body and flexibility back would be wonderful.

• DixyDreamer

February 11, 2015 at 12:11 am

Oh short term goal I forgot to post take some pole classes and sign up for 1 year of studio Veena. So I can continue her pole classes also.

• Slkysmth

February 11, 2015 at 3:05 pm

I love to see goals! I’m buying a cork/white board so I can hang pix, write my goals, etc!
    I have another showcase the beginning of March! I am challenging myself to do it in spinning mode! Eeks! Best of luck to all!

• pilatesworksmv6562

May 31, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Hi everybody, I am wanting in on the accountability. Hope you all are still doing well with your practice. I have taken about 6 weeks or more off from practicing with home pole, life distractions. I am a beginner/inter. I have not been taking any classes for 7 whole months now. i need to start, so my short term goals are: #1.start practicing 3-4 x’s a week, Mon., Tues., Thurs., Sat.. Also #2. stretch more and do yoga once a week. also #3. since I need to lose a good chunk of weight I am trying to walk and jog 5 x ‘s a week. My longterm goals are: #1. Be in a regular habit of jogging, yoga,eating well. #2. Inverting,#3. Handstands. So that is it for now. hope to hear from you all,keep positive.

• tinkerbell4892

May 31, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Hello pilatesworks! Those are great goals! And a lot! I wish you strength and motivation to achieve all of it! 😃

Page 12 of 12